I have been thinking about teaching abroad for so many years. I finally decided to go through with up because... why not!? I found ITA Costa Rica in Barva, Heredia, through searching ESL teaching programs abroad. ITA Costa Rica was the one I found the most positive reviews about. While reading about the program I had the best feeling about the program. It was a sense of comfort and I felt like it was a true educational program that would prepare me the best for teaching English as a Second Language. Once choosing ITA Costa Rica I had a sense of peace and I felt like I was about to make the greatest move of my life.
* Reasons why you SHOULD take this course:
- The course instructors, Luke and Melanie are absolutely amazing. You are given so much guidance throughout the whole process. They are both experts in TESOL and give you so many helpful resources & tools throughout the course.
- Starting with the first day of class, your mind will be put at ease with what you'll have to do and what is expected of you throughout the course. Everything is organized very nicely day by day. You are shown how to navigate the calendars, teaching schedule, moodle (where all course info will be available online), and where all the essential things are in Barva to help you be successful throughout the month.
- Without a doubt you are able to walk into this course with out any teaching experience and walk out feeling confident about how to be a teacher in the TESOL world. So don't be intimidated!!!
- It is not overwhelming if you stay on top of the work and if you have good time management skills - you will be fine!
- It is a very affordable program!
- You have the opportunity to stay with a homestay family - and you should definitely do it!! It gives you such a sense of security to have a family and they truly do care about you. They are supportive, extremely nice and cook amazing food! It's an easy way to experience the culture and practice Spanish.
- You are living in a beautiful country - obviously :)