A Summer of Adventure in London

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

My experience in London at the University of Roehampton was amazing! The university was about 45 minutes from the city, which helped me become an expert in the transportation system around London. I participated in excursions put together by the University of Roehampton, as well as those put together by CISabroad. I highly recommend going on excursions like these, even if they are an extra cost to your program, just for the experience and convenience of it. Going with a group of people you know, not having to plan it, and getting to visit amazing places was well worth the added cost.
In terms of my classes, both of my professors seemed to realize we were mainly there to travel. Although we did have a decent amount of work to do, a large part of both of my classes involved trips around the city.
I feel like going abroad has made me a much more confident person. I now know I can live on my own in a foreign city, and have fun while doing so! At the very least, studying abroad has opened the door in terms of traveling for me - I want to go to so many more places in the world and I'm no longer afraid to go on my own. I cannot recommend studying abroad to anyone more strongly. If you have the ability to go, and have even the slightest interest in a foreign country or city, check out CISabroad or your university's programs and go!

The only negative experience of my entire trip to London was the dorms. The dorms were typical freshmen dorms - small and shared with several people. We had a flat-style dorm, so you had your own room but shared a bathroom and kitchen with 4 other people. This was never a problem for me and I didn't mind the size, but others complained about both. The main drawback for me was that the buildings were really old and had problems with the fire alarms going off constantly, which the university did nothing to fix. So my program could have been improved by having the university fix the fire alarm problems, or putting us into another dorm (there were several empty ones on campus) once they had determined that the fire alarms were constantly going off due to dust and not an actual fire threat.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would