Japan's Silicon Valley

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I have never been to Japan and the temptation was really big to make the move. It just felt so exciting and arousing at the same time to go to a place I have never been and where the culture is completely different from back home. Tokyo, Kyoto and the other cities seemed too overrated and did not really caught my attention. So why not go somewhere most people even haven't heard of: Fukuoka! I decided to give is a chance and the good news: I have not regret it any single day! Vibrant nightlife, endless shopping opportunities, unique local culture & food, Fukuoka got me in a heart beat. It is unbeatable my favorite destination to work and live, not just in Japan. What made my time truly amazing where the people around me, my co-workers, fellow Meiji interns and the local friends I made in my time there. Make sure to get out of your lazy mode and into some fun adventures with the cultural activities organized by Meiji’s network! Especially the weekend trips to hot springs and Kimono wearing events were lovely!

Anybody who wants to feel the real side of Japan’s international startup scene and is on a limited budget should definitely give Fukuoka a chance!!

I found it sometimes difficult to adapt to the food and I think it would be better, if you guys would also give more information on Vegan/Vegetarian restaurants to eat.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would