Awesome experience !

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I had an awesome experience in Merida. At first I was a little scare of traveling alone to a far country but my coordinators Carolina and Miguel made me feel like being at home. Merida is such a beutiful city with a lot of fun and interesting places to visit. My roommate and I were to visit the cenotes and I got impress of how beautiful they are. My program was Teaching English, my placement were a elementary school called Serapio and a girls shelter called Nueva Vida. I love both places. The people from there were really nice to me it was hard to say goodbye to them. Eventhough my placements were a little far for home it was really easy to take the bus and go there. In my free time I used to go walk to el centro and visit all the stores from there. There are too many places to go and things to do. I think it is hard to get bored at Merida. I really enjoyed being there around nice people. I was there for two weeks and I will definitely come back in the future.

Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would
Year Completed
2018
Media
Photos

Provider Response

Hi Leslie, Thanks for your lovely review. It sounds like you had an awesome time getting to know the locals and exploring Merida! We look forward to having you volunteer again soon!
Clover - IVHQ Program Manager.