Amazing volunteer experience with STC Madrid

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I've been volunteering with Serve the City Madrid (STC) for 5 months. It was in one word amazing. I've learned a lot about the working structure of the NGO and I got great responsibility and the feeling that my work mattered. Besides that, the staff of STC is so nice and helpful and made me feel comfortable right away.

Madrid as a city is great to live in. It is safe, clear and a very beautiful city. In Madrid, you can never be bored. There are so many attractions for sight seeing, but what I also loved to do, is go outside of the city and hike in the mountains. Madrid has great nature in the north.

Over all, this was a life-changing experience. I've learned so much and improved both my level of Spanish and English. I will never forget the warm hearted people in Madrid and the open arms they received me with.

This program is really amazing. The staff has great experience and they guide you very well. The only thing that's important to be aware of, is that Spaniards speak very few English. So for the projects it's useful to have a basic vocabulary in Spanish.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would