Community

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I first started to work with CIEE when I study abroad during university, so choosing them for my teacher abroad experience was pretty simple. But, I have been amazed at how much CIEE has been a valuable resource for me since I first came to Korea in 2018. I have made many great friends through CIEE orientations and End of the Year parties. CIEE is a great community that encourages all its teachers to stay connected throughout Korea after their initial orientations. My experience would not be the same without having gone through CIEE because of their overall commitment to the wellbeing of its teachers abroad. I have been able to travel to different cities, festivals, and countries with friends that I've met at CIEE orientations. It can be overwhelming coming to a complete new country without knowing anyone at all and CIEE does an excellent job of supporting the teachers here.

There is an end of the year gathering already, but maybe having a mid-year gathering would be nice too. Just in case some teachers aren't able to go to the one event they have the ability to go to a different.

Also, maybe partnering up with different travel agencies in Korea (Enjoy Korea, Good Times Rok,etc.) and sponsoring discounted tickets for CIEE teachers for events that they are hosting (ski trips, Holi Hai, Lantern Festival, Cherry Blossom Festival, etc.) which could be done by small advertisements of their programs (a slideshow during the last day of orientation about events that certain companies do).
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would
Year Completed
2018
Media
Photos
Hanboks for Chuseok
Celebrating the Chuseok with some of the children
Height