- South Korea
View Other Details
- Native English speaker
- A bachelor’s degree in any field
- Citizenship in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, or the United Kingdom
- A commitment to 12 months of employment
- TEFL certification is required for public schools and strongly recommended for private schools (CIEE’s 150-hour TEFL certification course is included in the Teach in South Korea program fee)
- Applications must be 52 years of age or younger in order to receive a work visa
- Rent-free studio apartment from your employer
- Contract completion bonus (1 month's salary)
- Schools either buy or reimburse a one-way ticket
- Health Insurance
CIEE's Teach in South Korea program will support you through every step of teaching English in South Korea. CIEE is an official recruitment partner of the Korean government's EPIK program and will help you secure a teaching position in public or private schools.
You'll get all the preparation you need before departure with CIEE TEFL's 150 hour Certification course, visa assistance and an online preparation course. After arriving in South Korea, you'll join a CIEE networking weekend in Seoul where you'll meet other CIEE teachers and build a network of new friends. You'll also receive 24/7 support from CIEE staff in Korea.
South Korea offers you the opportunity to gain teaching experience and see the world while earning a competitive salary and enjoying rent-free housing. Placements are available in major urban areas throughout Korea, including greater Seoul!
- Job placement at private or public schools (CIEE is an official EPIK partner)
- Networking weekend in Seoul with other CIEE teachers so you can build a network of new friends
- Enrollment in CIEE TEFL's 150-hour certification course
- Expert visa assistance and 24/7 support from CIEE staff in Korea
- International insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services