- South Korea
View Other Details
- Native English speaker
- A bachelor’s degree in any field
- Citizenship in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, or the United Kingdom
- A commitment to 12 months of employment
- TEFL certification is required for public schools and strongly recommended for private schools (CIEE’s 150-hour TEFL certification course is included in the Teach in South Korea program fee)
- Applications must be 52 years of age or younger in order to receive a work visa
- Rent-free studio apartment from your employer
- Contract completion bonus (1 month's salary)
- Schools either buy or reimburse a one-way ticket
- Health Insurance
South Korea offers you the opportunity to gain teaching experience and see the world while earning a competitive salary and enjoying rent-free housing. This is a great choice for someone getting ready for a teaching career, or someone who wants to work abroad while paying off student loans, for example. Placements are available in major urban areas throughout Korea, including greater Seoul!
CIEE's Teach Abroad program will get you ready with our 150 hour TEFL Certification and Teacher Preparation course, as well as assistance with applications and job interviews. Before you go, you'll discuss cultural considerations as well as practicalities so you know what to expect, and you'll have a safety net of support from our in-country team.
- Job placement
- Enrollment in a CIEE 150-hour TEFL certification course
- Pre-departure assistance – including visa assistance
- One year of iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services
- Networking weekend in Seoul with other teachers
View the latest teaching job postings by CIEE Teach Abroad & TEFL.