IVHQ Thailand

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I chose to go on this trip in order to cleanse my soul. I’ve been on trips where the focus was on my own interest so I wanted to do something for others. In return for my service I was rewarded with an experience that you wouldn’t get from any travel agent, delicious food that you would never be able to find through an online review and new found friendships I will cherish.

Outdoor work can be hard at times, from working on a rice field to digging a fish farm for a village, but the hospitality and gratitude that are shown by the people you are doing the work for is priceless. They welcome you into their homes with such love and warmth. Sure there are some aspects where you are “roughing it a bit” but I believe this itself is also part of the charm of doing a volunteer program.

If you want to experience new adventures in life and step outside of your comfort zone, I highly recommend doing a volunteer program through IVHQ as you will have a long list of memories to fondly look back on. And to have fond memories, isn’t that the reason why we choose to travel in the first place?

Nothing to suggest, it was a well run and organized program.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would
Year Completed
2018
Media
Photos

Provider Response

Hi Chris, thanks for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your time on the program making memories and new friendships. The Outdoor Work project can indeed be challenging, however, it is indeed very rewarding. Thanks again for volunteering with IVHQ. Samuel - IVHQ Program Manager.