Trusted by 110,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Thailand and 50+ other destinations around the world.
Volunteer in the beautiful mountainous province of Chiang Rai and choose from one of the following projects:
- Teaching English
- Outdoor Work
Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in dormitory-style volunteer houses, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.
IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.
If you’re all about authentic cultural experiences, supporting community-driven projects, giving back and making real connections, volunteering in Thailand is for you!
- IVHQ’s Thailand program is available year-round, starting on the first and third Monday of every month and you can choose to volunteer for 1 to 12 weeks
- Highly affordable program fees starting from $320 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
- You’ll be joining between 15 and 30 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Chiang Rai each month
- You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 110,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart - we are the world’s safest organization
- Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs
As a volunteer teaching English in Thailand, you’ll be supporting a project that aims to promote better access to education. The focus is on providing assistance to teaching English initiatives in the local villages and hill tribes. In northern areas of Thailand, local people have very limited access to formal education and there is a real need for volunteers to assist in teaching, not only young children, but also adults from surrounding hill tribes and local villages.
As a volunteer on the Childcare project in Thailand, you will work in childcare centers in the local villages of Chiang Rai and surrounding hill tribes. Children between the ages of 2 to 6 years old come to the centers during the day.
This project is well suited to volunteers who have a passion for education and enjoy working with young children.
Volunteers who enjoy manual labor and the sense of achievement felt after completing a job will be well suited to our Outdoor Work project in Thailand. Thailand volunteers on the Outdoor Work project will work with the hill tribes on the second and fourth weeks.