Wildlife volunteering at a Rescue center in Ontario, Canada

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I had a great time in Canada volunteering at the rescue center in Ontario. We were based about 2 hours from Toronto near some smaller towns. It was great to be rural while still being able to visit the nearby towns and on occasion Toronto when we had days off.

The animals are absolutely adorable and I loved bottle feeding them. I had a great time and I learned a lot about animal Husbandry. While volunteering at a rehab and rescue center is nothing fancy as like in the zoo's it is so much more rewarding since you get to release the animals back in to the wild.

Some people find it sad that the animals or that contact has to be avoided as much as possible but I learned that it is important for the animals (especially the bears) to not get attached/used to humans if they are going to have a chance at survival.

Great programs, Good service, can recommend it for sure!

There are more then one projects that fall under this program so it is not clear from the start at which location in Ontario you will be volunteering until after your placement has been confirmed. Not really an issue but something you should be aware of.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would