This amazing volunteer project is located in beautiful and lake-filled Ontario, not far from Canada's famous great lakes. You'll have the opportunity to help, rescue and rehabilitate orphaned and injured animals!
The project is in need of help all year round. This wildlife centre specializes in the care and rehabilitation of animals small to large. The work with the wildlife at the centre is physically demanding and it is by no means an easy holiday option! The minimum duration is 4 weeks and maximum duration of stay is 12 weeks. This gives the animals a chance to get to know and trust you, and it requires a little time to learn their routine. Come be part of an experience that is truly rewarding!
- Help, rescue and rehabilitate Native North American wildlife at our Rehab Centre in Ontario!
- Volunteer in Canada's Ontario, famous for its many lakes and beautiful autumn forest colours!
- The location provides a great opportunity to view wildlife, visit Toronto, bike, hike or swim.
What to Expect
Volunteers and Volunteers are the backbone of the organization. It is these individuals, who give freely of their time, that make caring for all the animals possible. The wildlife shelter is run by a dedicated group of volunteers.
* Cleaning and disinfecting cages, work spaces, and equipment
* Preparing food and feeding animals on a schedule
* Feeding animals by gavage (a tube into the stomach) and hand-feeding
* Administering medications, basic first aid and fluid therapy to wildlife
* Capturing, handling, and restraining injured and orphaned wild animals
* Keeping animal records, Observing and recording changes in an animal's health or behavior
* Maintaining and tidying the grounds at the rehabilitation centre
* Some public education work and Minor repairs of cages and enclosures.
Since meals aren't provided, transportation will be so that you can buy groceries and you'll have access to a kitchen where you can prepare your meals. You will also need to stay 1 night at a hostel in Toronto which we will arrange for you.
Housing & Meals
Volunteers will have a full kitchen to cook meals. Groceries can be
bought in the nearby town.
A bunkhouse on the property which volunteers will be living in. There is a living room, kitchen, and dining room attached to the kitchen. Volunteers will have to share their bed room. Wireless internet provided.
You will have a big impact on the project. Not only will you be helping to rescue, rehabilitate and release as much wildlife animals as possible that come into the sanctuary but you will be giving the animals another chance at survival. You will be considered one of the staff during your stay and your jobs will include feeding, administering medical treatments, veterinary related tasks, food preparation, cleaning, laundry, participating in building projects and so much more. The project depends on volunteers like you who give their time freely to help out a wonderful cause.
Ontario is the second most densely populated city in Canada. It has always been a large tourist destination for Canada mainly due to the Niagara Falls. If you are looking to experience metropolitan Canada and practice your french, this is the best place for you.