TEFL in Nepal

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I taught English in Chitwan, Nepal with RCDP for 4 weeks in December 2018. Overall it was a wonderful experience. I was given a lot of support all throughout my stay, and the program coordinators and my host family was always friendly and welcoming. Getting to know the children and helping them learn was a very rewarding experience and their eagerness really made my placement unforgettable. I worked with kids aged 4-12 and was able to teach five different classes. A highlight of my placement was helping the kids prepare for their exams because I was able to see how well they were retaining our English lessons. On school holidays I also helped out at the orphanage which was very enjoyable. I am very thankful for this opportunity and would recommend the program to anyone who is passionate about teaching or working with children. I will definitely visit Nepal again in the future!

This program exceeded my expectations but one thing I would improve is the lack of introduction into the Nepalese English curriculum. I learned a lot about Nepal and its customs through my initial orientation but it was a bit challenging starting as a new English teacher with no prior knowledge of how much English the kids actually knew or what teaching methods were used in the school.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would