Volunteer in Nepal - Lowest Fees & Happy Volunteers Since 1998

From hot and sweltering region bordering India, the landscape of Nepal rises steeply and sometimes steadily to reach the mighty Himalayas. Within this, you will find green valleys, deep gorges, forests, steep terrains and rivers that crisscross the landscape. The people of Nepal are as diverse as the landscape. The population is made up of Aryans that migrated from India and Iran, and Tibeto-Burmans groups that arrived from Tibet, China and Burma. RCDP-Nepal’s volunteer program taps into this beauty of Nepal by offering cultural program, where you will get intimately connected with the warm and ever welcoming people. With our volunteer in Nepal programs you will work to improve the lives of desperately poor people.

Our program in Nepal includes Orphanage work, Teaching English in school or Buddhist monastery, Health Project, Nature Conservation Project, Photo Journalism and many others.

• Contribute in the way that is most meaningful to you by volunteering in a project of your choice
  • At $100, ours is the world’s most affordable volunteer program available
  • Your fees directly benefit your host family – there are no middlemen
  • Partner with others just like yourself–people who know that a better world begins with changing a single life
  • Your safety is always our priority… every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted

Tina

Don't Do It For The Party

I would highly recommend the Orientation week if you are a first time volunteer. Especially, if you are a first time volunteer who has never been exposed to a third world culture. The registration process is seamless. My cordinator was very quick and precise about answering my questions. ( Is there a Western toilet, can I have a vegetarian diet, not spicy, my interest is in the Monastaries). After paying the deposit, I asked more questions, then once my flight was booked ( which meant a commitment), I was given very detailed information about my accomadations, packing list, how to be picked up at the airport. From the moment I saw the person holding a sign with my name on it at Katmandu Airport...until now...I have had excellent support and connections with the staff.
I will be here 3 months, I am now a month into the program. If you like to volunteer, and want to experience a unique culture by living the way the locals live, this is the way to have an adventure. ( what did I LEARN? My accomadations have western toilets.....as opposed to a hole in the ground....but toilet paper is not provided. There is no heat in the homes. Our host has a set up for hot water...but it is cold in the building. Get use to eating rice with almost every meal. Laundry involves drawing water from a well with a bucket).
We may not have the simple amenities we have in the states....but we can see things that would be difficult to experience if you are coming as a tourist for a couple weeks. The beautiful shrines...yes...but the way the people live....and their warmth and hospitality. My mother is afraid I will never want to leave Nepal, perhaps she is right.
One thing I would change in the Orientation is the language class. Although the language teacher knows English, is very warm and intelligent, I think the classes could be shortened to just a couple hours of basic language. The instructor is very talented at explaining the culture, arranging sightseeing tours, and almost immediately becoming a friend in this strange, new culture. I think the Orientation week should have more hours of explaining culture, walking around the villages, and just acclimating to the new surroundings.
If you are adventurous and open minded, I would recommend the program.

Less hours learning Nepalese language. More learning the culture.
Adelaide

TEFL in Nepal

I taught English in Chitwan, Nepal with RCDP for 4 weeks in December 2018. Overall it was a wonderful experience. I was given a lot of support all throughout my stay, and the program coordinators and my host family was always friendly and welcoming. Getting to know the children and helping them learn was a very rewarding experience and their eagerness really made my placement unforgettable. I worked with kids aged 4-12 and was able to teach five different classes. A highlight of my placement was helping the kids prepare for their exams because I was able to see how well they were retaining our English lessons. On school holidays I also helped out at the orphanage which was very enjoyable. I am very thankful for this opportunity and would recommend the program to anyone who is passionate about teaching or working with children. I will definitely visit Nepal again in the future!

This program exceeded my expectations but one thing I would improve is the lack of introduction into the Nepalese English curriculum. I learned a lot about Nepal and its customs through my initial orientation but it was a bit challenging starting as a new English teacher with no prior knowledge of how much English the kids actually knew or what teaching methods were used in the school.
Elisabeth

A lot of support

While I was in Nepal with RCDP I got a lot of support and the supervisor was very dedicated.
Of course there were some obstacles or I was faced with problems like sickness, homesickness, etc, but the staff always listened, helped and cared for me.
In my first project I teached at the nursery at a government school and I became close friends with the nursery teacher. I had a nice time there but because there were holidays for 4 weeks long, I decided to change my project and then I volunteered at an orphanage. At that time I learned a lot about Nepal, its history and culture. I felt very welcomed and made unique and unforgettable experiences.
Because of this program I met great people, who shared their stories with me and I also found some great friends.

Beth

Had a stunning week in Nepal.

Having no experience traveling on my own I wanted to find a company that would provide me the security I needed to have everything organized beforehand so that I didn't have to worry about organizing things while I was in Nepal.

I found the organization "RCDP International" which in my opinion is amazing. As soon as I got to the hostel it felt like we had our own little family there. Everyone in the RCDP is so welcoming. You feel like the hostel was a second home with good food, new friends and in the center of Kathmandu so trips to attractions around were very easy.

The second part of our stay in Nepal was a visit to Chitwan national park followed by volunteering at the conservation project in Rampur. We had one of the RCDP staff accompany us on the bus journey to Chitwan so they ensured our safe arrival. Lila, the RCDP representative in Chitwan was straight on hand to help us get out. The trek would not have been half as enjoyable if it hadn't been for our guide Gokul (hired through RCDP) who helped us step by step and managed to get us a night sleeping at base camp with an expedition team.

All the coordinator from Kathmandu and Chitwan are helpful. My host families are also even kind to me. I would not have been able to enjoy my experience quite as much if it hadn't been for them guiding me and helping me chose the best possible things to see and do in Nepal.

RCDP is very flexible, affordable and always there to help you to have the best experience possible. If you want to travel Nepal RCDP is the organization to help you with your trip. I would definitely use them again.
Alex

My Volunteering Experience in Nepal

Communication pre-arrival was great. Hom was so helpful and answered all my questions perfectly and made me feel at ease every time. On the first week I did the language program. Pratima the teacher made the class fun. She was very good. The hostel in Kathmandu was nice with good food and family kind of feeling. 2nd week was rafting, and national park- It was amazing. I started my project on the third week. My project was based in Rampur, Chitwan. I volunteered at the orphanage (Asna) and also at the school. The orphanage runs very well. The school was bit different than what I had imagined. You will have great fun but you will need to be prepared, patience and willing to work hard. Both students and teachers know very little English. This makes the work more challenging. Language course proved to be very useful while communicating with the staff and the students. Staying with host family is a must! I also was fortunate enough to witness a Nepalese Marriage Ceremony! During my day off Pratima took me off for Sightseeing and Trekking. The overall experience was great, I will be back again. I love Nepal.

The school needs help in getting computer facilities. Computer literate volunteers would be more helpful for this school. I would also recommend taking books, pens, pencils, etc. they need a lot of help.

About RCDP International Volunteer Program

Established in 1998, RCDP-Nepal is a recognized leader in the field of volunteering. RCDP-Nepal pioneered volunteer in Nepal and India programs. Our volunteer program offers an alternative way to enjoy the exhilarating and exotic beauty of the nature...