Volunteer in Nepal - Lowest Fees & Happy Volunteers Since 1998

Volunteer in Nepal
Volunteer in Nepal

From hot and sweltering region bordering India, the landscape of Nepal rises steeply and sometimes steadily to reach the mighty Himalayas. Within this, you will find green valleys, deep gorges, forests, steep terrains and rivers that crisscross the landscape. The people of Nepal are as diverse as the landscape. The population is made up of Aryans that migrated from India and Iran, and Tibeto-Burmans groups that arrived from Tibet, China and Burma. RCDP-Nepal’s volunteer program taps into this beauty of Nepal by offering cultural program, where you will get intimately connected with the warm and ever welcoming people. With our volunteer in Nepal programs you will work to improve the lives of desperately poor people.

Our program in Nepal includes Orphanage work, Teaching English in school or Buddhist monastery, Health Project, Nature Conservation Project, Photo Journalism and many others.

• Contribute in the way that is most meaningful to you by volunteering in a project of your choice.
  • At $100, ours is the world’s most affordable volunteer program available.
  • Your fees directly benefit your host family – there are no middlemen.
  • Partner with others just like yourself–people who know that a better world begins with changing a single life.
  • Your safety is always our priority… every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted.

Javier

My exp

Yesterday was a very intense day full of activities. Early in the morning, seeing that it was raining heavily, our jungle excursion was canceled, and we proposed a bike ride. What we thought was going to be a simple walk through the town turned out to be an intense tour of the Nepalese landscape in which we found several animals such as elephants, deer, horses, cows, dogs or ducks. In addition, our favorite moment was when we had to cross a puddle that looked like a river as it covered us to the hip (shoutout to the leech that stung Barbara). It lasted longer than many of us could endure and some even got lost but we really enjoyed it. After a well-deserved rest, and seeing that the river still did not go down, a jungle jeep excursion was organized. Before we entered, we were lucky and honored to have been able to attend a wrestling battle live between two 12-year-old children, there were no injuries ... They warned us that silence was needed to see the animals, which It took us a little to respect, that may be the reason why we "only" saw deer, monkeys, birds and crocodiles. At the time of resting we were playing board games like the Resistance or the high pencil in which we discovered new colors such as sapphire, pistachio and persimmon. We ended the day watching a somewhat peculiar local dance that surprised some and disappointed others. And finally, Quique and the Javis woke up for dinner.

What was your funniest moment?
My funniest moment was when we went to the rafting
Lucía

My experience

We had a lot of fun and the people were amazing. Lovely food and housing as well as comfort and flexibility from the organization. Rita was an amazing host mother and the kids from the orphanage were lovely. The school was very tired but lots of fun.
The local coordinator, Lilah, was extremely helping and assisted us in every single way needed. As well as the general coordinator in Nepal who always answered our questions and helped us in what we needed.

The hostels provided by the organization were always amazing and had great service.
Overall: amazing experience, will definitely repeat in the near future.

Pablo

Paco in Nepal

Translated by Go Overseas:

Nepal

Our day began with the usual breakfast scheduled for eight. Despite some usual delays, we managed to reach our destination on time and began our jungle excursion without further delay. After two and a half hours of constant surprises and emotion, walking surrounded by vegetation and some animals, such as deer and the occasional crocodile, we finished our little adventure. Upon returning to the hotel we were waiting for a delicious Nepali delicacy (macaroni and cheese). After a deep nap we venture back into the jungle, but this time on the back of an elephant. However, some colleagues decided not to do this activity, since it was against their moral values. After two hours of constant rocking and the odd scare, we arrived back at the hotel. Once we had dinner, we decided to do some recreational activity to strengthen our links as pineapple. Finally, exhausted because of fatigue, we each turn to his humble abode in order to rub.

Original:

Nepal

Nuestro día empezó con el habitual desayuno programado para las ocho. Pese a algunas tardanzas habituales, conseguimos llegar a nuestro destino a tiempo e iniciamos sin más dilación nuestra excursión por la jungla. Tras dos horas y media de constantes sorpresas y emoción, caminando rodeados de vegetación y algunos animales, como ciervos y algún que otro cocodrilo, finalizamos nuestra pequeña aventura. Al regresar al hotel nos esperaba un delicioso manjar nepalí (macarrones con queso). Tras una profunda siesta nos aventuramos de nuevo en la selva, pero esta vez sobre el lomo de un elefante. Sin embargo, algunos compañeros decidieron no realizar esta actividad, dado que estaba en contra de sus valores morales. Tras dos horas de constante balanceo y algún que otro susto un tanto desagradable, llegamos de vuelta al hotel. Una vez cenados, decidimos realizar alguna actividad lúdica para reforzar nuestros vínculos como piña. Finalmente, exhaustos a causa del cansancio, nos dirigimos cada uno a su humilde morada con tal de sobar.

I think it should be a 4 week program instead of 3.
Alex

The best travel

This travel was really impressive and shoking. The part of the tourism in Katmandú with all the activities were amazing but all the group coincided on the part that the volunteer part was a bit short and we would like to be a bit more time in the town. The first days activities were an adventure. The rafting was very funny and the jungle walk was a bit disappointing because we can’t see a lot of animals but it was also great. The families were also amazing and all were very hospitable, they were always helping you. The work in the garden is very tired but also great. The time we passed with the kids were the best time. They have always a smile in their face and is very funny all the game that we did. The classes were a bit hard, especially if you have the first classes.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most shoking thing is the contrast between the city (Spain) and the small town.
Javier

My Experience

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Dalbat was the food we ate the most and was the most unfamiliar
benito enrique

nepal

Translated by Go Overseas:

We woke up at 6:30 to go to the hotel with all the desires in the world until we arrived at the van where we were waiting for a trip that was very, very long, but it was more enjoyable due to the games we proposed. We were exhausted, we arrived at the rafting that was in Chitwan Bay there they explained how we should put on the lifejacket and the Halmet. We engage in adventure and we all thought we were going to die. We divided into two groups each with two monitors there were parts where there was a lot of waves and we had to continue paddling, Enrique complained a lot because all the waves came to him and he ended up soaked he seemed handsome. At 5 km we made a stop to eat where we ate chicken rice and soup.
We resumed the trip about 10 km more which made us eternal since we had stayed cold when we had stopped to eat. After the rafting adventure we had to change since all our clothes were soaked then we took the van and went to the new hotel where they welcomed us very well. How it is raining heavily we could not do any activity and we had to stay our rooms since it was all flooded. We ended the day having dinner all together in the dining room and went to bed soon as the next day we got up early.

Original Review:

Nos despertamos a las 6:30 para ir al hotel con todas las ganas del mundo hasta que llegamos a la furgoneta donde nos esperaba un viaje muy pero que muy largo pero se hizo mas ameno debido a los juegos que propusimos. Estábamos agotados, llegamos al rafting que estaba en la bahía de Chitwan ahí nos explicaron cómo debemos ponernos el chaleco salvavidas y el Halmet. Nos enzarzamos en la aventura y todos pensamos que íbamos a morir. Nos dividimos en dos grupos cada cual con dos monitores había partes donde había mucho oleaje y teníamos que seguir remando, enrique se quejaba mucho porque todas las olas le llegaban a él y acabó empapado parecía aposta. A los 5 km hicimos una parada para comer donde comimos pollo arroz y sopa.
Retomamos el viaje unos 10 km más lo que se nos hizo eterno ya que nos habíamos quedado fríos cuando habíamos parado a comer. Terminada la aventura con el rafting nos tuvimos que cambiar ya que toda nuestra ropa estaba empapada luego cogimos la furgoneta y fuimos al nuevo hotel dónde nos acogieron muy bien. Cómo está lloviendo a cántaros no pudimos hacer ninguna actividad y nos tuvimos que quedar nuestros cuartos ya que estaba todo inundado. Terminamos el día cenando todos juntos en el comedor y nos fuimos a la cama pronto ya que al día siguiente madrugabamos.

What was your funniest moment?
el momento mas divertido fue cuando tuve que ir a matar dos arañas a casa de barbara y maria ya que ellas no se atrevían
Sara

Nepal

I have been in Chitwan in a small village for 2 weeks volunteering at a primary school, orphanage and community field. This way of getting to know a new country is the best one I’ve tried so far. I had so much fun with my host family and with the kids at the school and orphanage. I also learned a lot of important values in life. There was always so much to do to keep yourself entertained, and the community was always so warm and welcoming. The agricultural work we did was also very relaxing and and excellent way of learning and feeling useful for many of the kids who truly need to support. Two weeks felt extremely short and I with I would have come for a longer period of time, which is why I hope to come back as soon as possible. Thank you very much!

Luna

My experience

The teaching part in the school has been amazing and very amusing, even if sometimes it was quite chaotic and difficult to communicate properly. But with our non-existant knowledge of nepali, a little bit of english and some sign language we hope that we have been able to help the kidd learn and expand their knowledge, both in science, english or maths.

Our host families were all amazing. I had the most amazing time with rita our host mother and grandma. Making spanish food for them was incredible. Exchanging cultural values and traditions is very important in order to be a complete and understanding person. My stay here has allowed me to do this and for that I am very grateful. I'm also grateful that you allowed us to be part of your daily lives, that you opened your homes to us, taught us important lessons and apprecieated our horrible dancing and singing skills.

All in all, this has been one of the best experiences any of us could ever ask for and the best three weeks of my summer, probably of my year too.

My advice for them would be to enjoy every single moment with the kidd and on the field and to forget about ant materialistic thing.