6 week internship in Shanghai!

Ratings
Overall
Rating Value A
Rating Value B
Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

Shanghai is a very busy city with a huge population. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to live and work in such a big city while having the chance to meet so many different people from so many different backgrounds.

From my original interviews until the time came that I was due to leave China, my hosts Howa and Roderick from Next Step Connections, were always more than happy to help whenever I had any problem and even took the time to show me around the city to make sure I was comfortable in my new surroundings.

I encourage more people to try out these kinds of programs, step out of your comfort zone and see how people live in a developing country! Come here with an open mind and try to do as many different things that you can find. I found the cheapest and yummiest food was in the tiny restaurant in the suburbs, although the restaurants weren't to the standard of those in Western cities, the true tastes of Shanghai can be found if you just get out there and try new things.

In my opinion, the number one priority when arriving in China is to set up a bank account so that you have access to WeChat, as using this mobile payments system relieves the stress of carrying around large amounts of cash every day.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would