A Life-Changing Experience

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I truly wish there was a more suitable word for my time abroad than a life-changing experience. Chiang Mai University classes expanded on topics rarely discussed in the United States and utilized the country around it for hands-on lessons, making going to class enjoyable and exciting. The things I learned through exploring Chiang Mai, Thailand, and Southeast Asia independently are things that can never be taught in an academic setting. Not only am I more aware of different cultures and lifestyles, but more accepting and willing to try new ideas. The people who I surrounded myself with brought out the best in me, through sharing experiences together and learning from their past experiences individually. After returning to America from Thailand, I feel there is a piece of me missing; a piece of my heart was left in the place I once called home. I am now able to reflect on so many wonderful memories of my time in Thailand and would highly recommend TEAN to any student looking to study abroad.

What was the most nerve-racking moment?
Studying abroad has always been a dream of mine. The months leading up to my departure date were exciting and optimistic; however, when it finally came time to leave America for Thailand, I was beyond nervous. Living in a country I had never been to, halfway across the world, knowing no one, was such an intimidating concept. I quickly realized that if I was going to make this experience a great one, I needed to change my attitude completely. Once arriving in Thailand, my nervous energy soon turned into excitement. Countless possibilities of my future time in Thailand raced through my mind and I was eager to try any and everything I could. Studying abroad through TEAN not only enabled me to meet and form close bonds with friends from across America, but along countless countries in Southeast Asia.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would