Life changing experience

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I studied in Spain for 5 weeks during the summer and it changed my life forever. I learned so much Spanish, met incredible friends from all over the world and most importantly gained life experience that will help me forever such as not giving up when I tried something for the first time, learning how to take care of myself since my host mom was pretty much solely an in-home guardian and my teachers solely in-school guardians. I did always feel safe however and knew I could reach an adult at all times if I ever needed to but for the majority of my tile I was having to look after myself and keep myself entertained, engaged, and safe which has been immeasurably useful in my everyday life as I no longer feel nervous having to do anything alone. I also learned how to make the most out of every situation and find the silver lining in everything! My trip abroad was the best five weeks of my life. Of course I had my ups and downs (especially when I saw a cockroach for the first time since I live in Alaska and we don’t have any and of course it was in my room), but I learned from every experience and truly believe I became a much better person for it.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I could do this all over again, the only thing I would change is that I would speak Spanish all the time, not only when I had to. Since most of the people I met through the program in Spain were students who were either from the United States or who spoke English, whenever we weren’t in school or communicating with the locals, we would always talk in English. I know I would have learned a lot more Spanish if I had solely spoke in Spanish my entire time there.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would