Participating in Academic Programs Abroad - Paris was one of the best decisions I have made during my time as an undergraduate. The team of women behind the program are some of the most capable, supportive, and attentive people I have had the privilege of meeting.
I arrived to Paris relatively advanced in speaking French and left fluent -- all thanks to the program's dedication to giving its participants a fully immersive experience. I had no close ties in the city before arriving and left knowing that I would always have a family to look out for me there (thanks to my fabulous homestay arrangement).
The program's unique mix of program-provided courses and courses provided by local universities (like the Sorbonne!) enabled me to get a feel for what academic life was like in Paris and gave me a nice feeling of independence since we weren't always in our safe little cocoon (as the majority of participants in the program are from US schools). It was such a unique and eye-opening experience!
Overall, I cannot recommend this program enough to responsible students that want to:
1. Ameliorate their French language skills
2. Experience academic culture in Paris
3. Make new memories that will mature them and increase their self-confidence and ability to maneuver independently in the world around them
4. Visit cities and regions outside of Paris (this program includes culturally rich (and, quite frankly, awesome side trips to places outside of Paris).
5. Get out of the cocoon of their home university and experience all that the world has for them!