I was always skeptical about bootcamps. The huge turn-off for me moreover, was online course.
Aside that, I have years of working experience in IT industry and knew that organising work from home is not so easy, specially when the team is not matured enough but I have to say, CodeOp proved me absolutely wrong.
I was impressed how fast the teachers could organize remote classes and how efficient they were.
It was an amazing experience. Although difficult sometimes (really difficult) but it changed my life.
1) Teachers: teachers are very good and even the ones that are trainees/assistants. They give vivid explanations and are able to understand the mind of the student (hello Emefa!)
2) Schedule and class structure: I liked that we had schedule for lectures and exercises and could plan our day accordingly
3) Curriculum: logical daily challenges, data structures and algorithms, Vue… Easy stuff you learn in the pre-course, hard stuff you learn in class.
4) Support chat: if you are stuck on something you can get help here, even after the class, even on weekend, sometimes even at night! But of course it depends on people availability.
5) Career week: Real HRs come to help to write your CV, prepare for the interview and answer your questions. Imagine my surprise when I realised that with one of the HRs training us I had an interview 2 years ago! Plus career coaching, mocked interviews and presentations from different people (we had a very interesting presentation from Head of IT in Siemens Energy!)
6) During the projects phase you have an option to attend lectures of other groups on different topics if you wish
7) Location and office (if you go for offline bootcamp when we are out of quarantine)
1) I wish flesh lectures schedule was pre-planned or we had a list of the available ones (although they list of the lectures is growing all the time)