An amazing adventure

Fun: 10
Housing: 7
Safety: 10
Review

I chose Norway to study abroad mostly because I wanted to go somewhere a little off the beaten path. I didn't want to be the person who went to England or Spain or France. I am so glad I chose YFU and Norway. YFU provided a lot of support and I was lucky enough to live near their headquarters in Oslo. They matched me with an amazing host family, one who made sure I learned how to speak Norwegian and that I made friends and had a wonderful time. Going to a Norwegian school was difficult at first, but with a lot of patience and hard work I actually understood what the teachers were saying and was able to respond. The darkness in winter definitely takes some getting used to, but you just have to have a really positive attitude and a willingness to adopt a new culture. Overall it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would
Year Completed
2011
Your subscription level does not give you access to respond to critical reviews (any review rated 6 or lower). If you would like to do so please contact our sales team to upgrade your account.