Teaching English to Buddhist Monks in Chiang Mai

Fun: 10
Value: 10
Safety: 10
Review

These 4 weeks of volunteering in a temple were above and beyond all my expectations. I feel that I’ve been fortunate to take part in a very meaningful project. Additionally, I’m grateful to have left my imprint on novice monks whom I taught and who taught me just as much. My daily visits in the temple made me feel like a member of this huge family of Buddhism, and that is something that no tourist experiences.
In addition, this month was a lot more than just teaching; I’ve had the opportunity to learn about a whole new culture through its language, traditions, tastes, and sceneries. The fact that volunteers have the weekends off allowed me to travel around Chiang Mai and take tours outside of the city. It created even more experiences and memories that I’ll never forget.
For everyone who is looking for an interesting way of traveling, I would recommend that they join one of the projects and get ready for a mind-opening experience.

Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would
Your subscription level does not give you access to respond to critical reviews (any review rated 6 or lower). If you would like to do so please contact our sales team to upgrade your account.