By Love Volunteers   Reviews (4)   98% Rating

Make a REAL difference in Thailand with Love Volunteers

By Love Volunteers   Reviews (4)   98% Rating

Join Love Volunteers in Thailand to experience Chiang Rai as a local! Love Volunteers offers unique opportunities to immerse yourself in a new culture and volunteer in Thailand. Thailand is an increasingly popular tourist destination with a large need for volunteers.

The volunteer projects, located in Northern Thailand, allow volunteers to teach English or work on various outdoor projects. Volunteers may be asked to build houses, paint, work on road maintenance, make bricks, garden, and more. Volunteers who sign up to teach English will help Thai children and adults alike gain new opportunities. Visit the Love Volunteers website for more details!

Current Love Volunteers Programs in Thailand:

Working with Children
Teaching Program
Medical and Health Programs

Don't just be a volunteer...join us in Thailand and become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!

Asia › Thailand › Chiang Rai
1 Year+
Cost
Love Volunteers registration fee, plus program fees starting at just US$425 for 1 week.
Program fees cover airport pickup, orientation, accommodation, and food (see website for specific program details).
The Love Volunteers registration fee covers any placements you undertake for twelve months from the start of your first placement.
This fee is refundable if you choose not to volunteer more than three months prior to the start of your initial placement.
0.00

Rating Values

Cristo
Bostom

Thailand

Overall 9

My trip to Thailand was stunning and volunteer-filled. The trip was a unique experience. My favorite part was meating the Thai children. The kids were adorable and sweet. Also during the trip I met so many new friends from around the world. The food was delicious. I suggest this trip to others!

Hi Cristo,
It's fantastic to hear you got way more out of your trip to Thailand than the average tourist :-)
Isn't the food just amazing!
All the best for the future and thanks again for taking the time to enrich the lives of the Thai children.

Brittany
New Jersey
Rutgers University

Love Thailand

Overall 10

I’ve never wanted to travel, nor had the feeling of “wanderlust”. I was only moderately interested in Thailand, but incredibly passionate about gaining teaching experience with younger children. I just so happened to stumble upon Love Volunteers, which helped set me up with their local in-country partner, and their AMAZING teaching program. Traveling out of country for the first time, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but the partner organization and Love Volunteers was there for me every step of the way! I had went into this program alone, and am now coming out with friends from all over the world. The coordinators of this program really care about you, and really want you to enjoy your placement, as well as love Thailand as much as they do! They are always ready and willing to help, and will have the brightest smile when you stop by and say hi. I really cannot praise these coordinators, or the local partner organization highly enough. My experience as a teacher has been nothing short of rewarding. The teachers and the students here are absolutely beautiful in mind, body, and spirit. I was a bit nervous walking into a classroom, with no experience, but these past two weeks have taught me how to become an effective teacher, with the help of some feedback from the students and teachers. I was able to learn how to classroom manage, lesson plan, and connect to my students even though there was a language barrier. These people are some of the happiest, generous, and humble people I have met, and have truly made an impact on my life. I would recommend this program to anyone, and everyone, just because, not only do you make a difference, but you come back as a better person as well.

Hi Brittany,
Wow, we absolutely love seeing reviews like yours where the volunteer has given their all - and got it all back and more!
There's nothing to add except THANKS! Thanks for being an awesome Love Volunteer.

Elior
Tel-Aviv, Israel

Teaching English to Buddhist Monks in Chiang Mai

Overall 10

These 4 weeks of volunteering in a temple were above and beyond all my expectations. I feel that I’ve been fortunate to take part in a very meaningful project. Additionally, I’m grateful to have left my imprint on novice monks whom I taught and who taught me just as much. My daily visits in the temple made me feel like a member of this huge family of Buddhism, and that is something that no tourist experiences.
In addition, this month was a lot more than just teaching; I’ve had the opportunity to learn about a whole new culture through its language, traditions, tastes, and sceneries. The fact that volunteers have the weekends off allowed me to travel around Chiang Mai and take tours outside of the city. It created even more experiences and memories that I’ll never forget.
For everyone who is looking for an interesting way of traveling, I would recommend that they join one of the projects and get ready for a mind-opening experience.

Hi Elior,
This is exactly what volunteering abroad is all about! Thanks so much for being an awesome volunteer and for taking the time to share your experience to help future volunteers.
We'd love to have you back on the team again in the future.

Cristina
Portugal

The time of my Life

Overall 10

Well, I dont have anything bad to say about the program, because I loved every minute, every person I met. I never imagened I could find so much love and tenderness behind the Tailand people. I remember their smiles, there careness, the way they looked at me with so much care and happiness. This feelings are more greatness than any richness in the world.
There is a song whicha name is, The time of my live and I didnt get the chance to say it loud, but I do it now:

Now I've had the time of my life
No, I've never felt like this before
Yes I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you

Thank you from the deep of my heart.
Cristina

Dear Cristina,
How awesome it is to see the difference this experience made to your life. So pleased we could be a part of it!
Aren't the Thai people just the best!
Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of you joining us again in the future.
The Team @ Love Volunteers

We are just a handful of passionate people working hard to help volunteers and local communities around the world. We don't have huge overheads - no company cars, no downtown office - we're just volunteers who thought we could do a better job. We work with local organisations wherever we can to keep administration costs to a minimum and also to return as much money and skills to the local communities where we operate. We can offer the lowest possible fees, but also ensure that you are immersed in the local culture and are actually making a difference!

Community Photos: