Life on Island Time

Fun: 10
Value: 10
Safety: 10
Review

I spent 3 weeks on Isabela Island in the Galapagos through this volunteer program, and it was the most rewarding experience I could have asked for. As a tiny community within a community, IOI makes the transition to island life easy, and the staff is very approachable. The locals and the staff at the hospital are also all welcoming, and the volunteer experience I received was invaluable. Because of the location and small scale size, I was given more responsibility than I would have been given in the states or other similar type of program. This allowed me to experience aspects of healthcare and learn skills that I would not have been able to anywhere else! The other volunteers you meet and local friends you make are long-lasting and the island lets you see/do things you couldn't imagine. I recommend this program to anyone looking for something totally different and I definitely hope to go back again one day!

Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would
Your subscription level does not give you access to respond to critical reviews (any review rated 6 or lower). If you would like to do so please contact our sales team to upgrade your account.