Intercultural Outreach Initiative (IOI) is located on Isabela Island, in the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador. Founded in 2006, IOI’s vision is to help establish an ecologically sustainable and socially stable local economy in the Galapagos by supporting education, conservation and social development. We have made some incredibly positive and impactful contributions to the local community and we are able to continue doing so with the help and support of volunteers that want to make a real difference.
At IOI Galapagos we have 6 different volunteer positions available:
1. Ecotourism Volunteer (Galapagos National Park)
2. Community English Education Volunteer
3. Giant Tortoise Breeding Center Volunteer
4. Turtle Nest Monitoring Volunteer
5. Sustainable Agriculture Volunteer
6. Social Media Volunteer
- Galapagos Islands.
- Service Learning.
- Full immersion.
- Cultural knowledge.