Australia is known for its stark beauty, bustling cities, and unique wildlife. Australia is also a land with abundant resources. So what happens when converging forces cause wildfires throughout a nation that is almost the size of the United States. How do local and regional authorities marshal the resources needed to combat the fires? And how do they determine what to do after the fires are out?
Australia’s bout of wildfires forever changed the landscape and how local communities manage their natural resources. CCSA students and faculty will meet people in Australia tasked with disaster recovery and mitigation as a lesson for all on how local, national and global decision-making impacts not only one community, but potentially, people around the globe. The program schedule includes multiple nights in Sydney and Melbourne, along with class activities outside these urban areas.
- **No Risk ** Cancel for any reason prior to December 1, 2020, and receive a Full Refund.
- Programs are lower cost and contain more included excursions and activities in the base program price than other study abroad options.
- CCSA courses are designed for first-time abroad students, providing extra layers of support and development through one-on-one sessions, small group orientations and detailed pre-departure cultural competency training.
- Direct support in-transit and on-site from trained CCSA staff.
- Students travel with faculty and staff from select US airports as a group -or- students can book their own airfare and travel independently