View Other Details
The Public Health in Colombia course was launched in summer 2018 in partnership with the prestigious Institute of Public Health at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogota, Colombia.
The four week academic course teaches students the challenges of providing healthcare in a post-conflict society. Students visit a range of medical and governmental organizations to explore the practical considerations for Colombia's healthcare providers and policy makers. The site visits and excursions are accompanied by lectures on campus at Javeriana, which constitute approximately 50% of the course hours.
The course includes accommodation in brand-new student halls of residence in central Bogota, complete with private rooms, cooking and social areas, and amazing views of Bogota and its beautiful mountains.
Participants also have the chance to explore Colombia and its culture with a range of social activities and excursions which include a waterfall trek, city bike tour, and tejo.
- Gain unique insights into the Colombian Public Health System and the impact of the recent conflict there
- Join practical excursions and site visits to governmental and charitable organisations
- Study alongside undergraduate and postgraduate students from a range of academic disciplines and nationalities
- Take part in exciting cultural and social activities that allow you to explore Colombia's highlights
- Enrol at one of Colombia's top universities, Javeriana