Spend a semester or year studying in the world-famous cloud forest of Monteverde, Costa Rica. Live with a local family from the school to be deeply immersed in language, culture, and friendships, or bring your whole family for the adventure! Study Spanish as a Second Language, then most academic classes are in English at our fully bilingual school. We work with your home school to make sure all credits transfer back. We are a small school (120 students from kindergarten to 12th grade) in a small Quaker community, very welcoming to newcomers.
Just a warning - a recent one-semester study abroad student ended up convincing her family to move down. You may not want to leave!
- Earn transferable credits through our academically-challenging curriculum
- Improve your Spanish with daily language classes taught by native Spanish speakers
- Experience authentic Costa Rican home life by living with a local family
- Engage with dynamic, experienced teachers in small classes
- Explore the natural wonders of Costa Rica and our neighboring countries