Seminar: Human Rights, Reconciliation and Faith

Human rights provide a framework to respond to causes of poverty and conflict locally and globally. Through participative learning and cross-cultural exchange, participants will study the theory and application of the human rights approach and its relation to Christian convictions. How do they work together? How do we integrate the human rights approach in a faith context? In an increasingly non-religious society, how can the language and values of human rights advance the mission of the church?

2019 Dates: To be determined...

• Human Rights
  • Original Research
  • Faith-Based
  • Activism & Advocacy
  • Innovative Models of Christian Mission

Matt

Life Changing experience in El Salvador

The Cristosal seminar I was part of simply changed my life. During my time there, we visited sites to learn about El Salvador’s rich and difficult history and spiritual leaders like Monsignor Oscar Romero. Cristosal also offered important training on human rights and the intersection of human rights and faith. We discussed ways to help oppressed groups identify their power and walk with them to accomplish their goals. They made time to take us to some amazing restaurants and the guest house we stayed in is run by one of the most wonderful, hospitable people on earth.