Seminar: The Cristosal Model

We all want to do something when faced with poverty, violence and injustice, but how can we be sure what we are making a difference? What can we do to create sustainable, positive change instead of short-term "band-aid" solutions? The human rights approach gives us strategies and tools to build lasting change and address root causes of injustice.

With this approach, Cristosal has grown into a human rights organization conducting original research and developing innovative programming throughout the Northern Triangle of Central America. Join us in El Salvador, and study Cristosal’s history and work as examples of ways to use human rights principles in a variety of contexts and learn to apply these same principles in your work.

• Human Rights
  • Migration
  • Intercultural Learning
  • Activism and Advocacy

Beth

I didn't know what I didn't know

I participated in an introductory course offered by Cristosal. We studied how Cristosal uses the lens of Social Justice and the data of Sociological and Psychological Research to work for Human Rights with the people of El Salvador; one case at a time. In parallel we explored history and historical sights in San Salvador and environs.

I came away with a new understanding of how to support Human Rights in an effective and enduring manner, and a new appreciation for the long-term unintended consequences of intervention in foreign affairs.