Seminar: Human Rights and Youth Leadership

Join us in El Salvador to examine the unique challenges that youth face in the forms of discrimination and violence. As the people facing these struggles, youth are in a unique position to confront and address these issues, and are often on the forefront of violence prevention and peacebuilding efforts. We will embrace our ability to take leadership and develop responses to these issues from a youth perspective. The seminar will analyze issues that affect youth around the world using a human rights framework and an intercultural lens.

• Youth Leadership
  • Human Rights
  • Social Justice
  • Intercultural Learning

Sydney

My experience attending Global School

I attended global school in July of 2018. I learned so much and made such close and amazing connections with people I met there. It was such an amazing week and I will treasure memories and notes I took forever. Being with local people who had such amazing and heartbreaking stories is so eye-opening. I had been to El Salvador before but it was a completely different experience. One of my favorite parts of the week was when we visited a local organization that kept local youth from joining gangs. So great to see youth fighting for such a great cause. If you're not sure about going, know you will be safe and very glad you went.

More pupusas!
Danae

Best Week of My Life

I highly recommend attending Th Human Rights and Youth Leadership Seminar, it’s so much more than a seminar. It’s an amazing opportunity to learn about El Salvador, and explore San Salvador. It’s a life changing week, where you meet amazing new people, and will fall in love with El Salvador. You get to meet amazing people from El Salvador and from the United States, who are learning along with you. You visit the most beautiful places as well as learn about them. You also get to learn about human rights in The United States and El Salvador and how they’re alike and different. It’s an incredible week you will never forget.