The IPSL program in Montpellier, France is ideal for anyone interested in French and Arabic language and culture, contemporary European studies, art history, Euro-Mediterranean history and cultures, outdoor recreation and French cooking. Montpellier, a 1,000 year-old city located on the Mediterranean in the legendary south of France has long been a crossroads for European, Mediterranean and North African cultures and civilizations. With a medieval core, it is a cultural center that plays an important role as an industrial and technological hub within Europe.
IPSL students have a very unique experience in France, finding many opportunities to mix with and work alongside French locals and become immersed in this vibrant French community as they study and perform service at the many non-profits and community development agencies with which IPSL has partnered.
- IPSL programs focus on experiential learning, ethical service & engaged research. Now the independent IPSL Institute for Global Learning is authorized to offer academic credit, issue official transcripts and confer diplomas through the Master's level.
- Experience Montpellier like a local rather than a tourist! Living, learning and serving beside the French allows a richer, more meaningful experience.
- Earn up to 17 Semester Credits or 6-11 credits for the summer program
- Indulge in the French language, culture and cuisine!
- IPSL is a B-Corp (Social Benefit Organization) with over 83% of profits directly returned to the people, communities & NGOs they partner with abroad.