IES Abroad Nice - Business, Sustainability & Immigration

Set upon the edge of the Mediterranean Sea on the glamorous French Riviera, Nice beckons with its mild climate and clear skies. Whether you’re strolling along the famous palm-lined Promenade des Anglais to witness the sunset over the sea, or looking down from Colline du Chateau (Castle Hill) at the sweeping panorama of this breathtaking city, Nice will enchant you.

Enjoy all that Côte d'Azur has to offer while studying the culture and history of the French Mediterranean coast, improving your language skills (no experience required), and learning about business with other international students. You will take your language and area studies courses at the IES Abroad Center, accompanied by IPAG Business School courses. The IPAG Business School is located in the economic heart of Nice and offers many courses taught in English (only a few electives are taught in French).

Rachel

Wouldn't it be Nice to Study in Nice?

Studying in Nice was one of the most amazing experiences of my life! I've known that I wanted to study abroad my whole life, and finding this program through IES was perfect! They made everything so easy for me, it was very low stress preparing to pack up and move to France for four months! Shocking, I know! Nice is one of the most beautiful cities in France, with the beautiful sea and beaches, Veux Nice and the markets and all of the colorful buildings that surround you wherever you go. I've never lived in a city, and while I typically don't consider myself a city girl, Nice was the perfect little city for me to explore. There was always something new to see (and eat) and it was incredible to live a life that was so different from my life back in the States. One of my favorite things I did was attend Carnaval, the huge, over the top parade the city puts on each year. It was nothing like I've ever seen before, and I don't think any other parade I attend will ever live up to it. If you are deciding to go to Nice (which I think everyone should) make sure to pack an umbrella/raincoat and you MUST go to LAC, the most amazing chocolatier in Nice. I have become so much more independent and confident because of studying abroad, and I have been changed for the better from all of my experiences and travels. For anyone contemplating studying abroad: go for it. When else in your life are you going to have the chance to live in another country without having to worry about finding a job, paying bills, dealing with more intense visa processes, the list goes on and on. You won't regret it, I promise!

This program is great because it is open to people who have never had any language experience with French, however I think that they could incorporate more French culture into the program and teaching to make it more immersive.
Rodrigo

IES Abroad Nice- Student in the French Riviera

Being a student in Nice is adventure, excitement, and delight. The memories of Nice are endless, all the way from the iconic coastline to the colorful historic buildings to the panoramic views. The IES directors and coordinators care deeply about the progress of students during their time abroad, and are always available to help in any way. The academics are excellent, with devoted and knowledgeable professors with a lot of experience in their subject fields, ranging from French politics all the way to French cinema. IES has a solid reputation for its academics, so credits should be easily transferred to college transcripts. The program has a couple of housing options. The home-stay options allows the opportunity to really get immersed in the French culture and way of life, and guarantees constant practice of the French language. The program organizes various trips throughout the semester, including many cities along the French Riviera, as well as farther-away places like Corsica and cities in Italy. Traveling to and from Nice is easy, with transportation methods being very efficient and conveniently located at walking distance from the city center. There is always something to do in Nice during the weekends. One can easily find a private beach a train ride away from Nice during the morning, and by the afternoon take a bus to the mountains an hour away for some skiing. Also, visiting renown cities like Monaco and Cannes takes only a very short train ride. The Mediterranean food is delicious, and the weather is always warm and pleasant. With a large amount of students in the city, it is very easy to make new friends, many of whom remain for lifetime.

Tessa

Business on the Beach

I had no idea what I was signing up for when I chose to go to Nice for a semester. After living for four months with an incredible host mom, meeting friends from all over the world, and traveling all across Europe, I have definitely left a piece of my heart behind. The night life, beach, old town and incredible weather in Nice will make you never want to leave. Truly an amazing program with incredible staff and opportunities!

About IES Abroad

IES Abroad offers 140 programs worldwide for college students. We are a highly charged force of study abroad enthusiasts. Every day we have the privilege of witnessing how study abroad changes our students’ lives. We also believe that every student...