American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) Sailing Academy

American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) Sailing Academy

Learn to sail on the Aegean operating offshore sailing boats with the American College of Thessaloniki Sailing Academy. Students attending Sailing courses at ACT can earn both academic credit and an international skipper's License/ Certificate.

There are two course options:

The Coastal Sailing Skipper (Course and License) is where students will learn to operate an open-sea sailboat (36+ ft) and will receive an international sailing license and academic credit upon completion of the on-board and theoretical lessons. This license will allow you to skipper a boat on your own.

The Racing Sailing Certificate is a course aimed at those looking for a more intense, vigorous, and demanding experience on the seas- great for those looking for an adrenaline kick! The syllabus involves hours of practice and a chance to participate in the local Sailing Championship of Thessaloniki

Europe » Greece » Thessaloniki
Europe » Greece
Direct Enrollment

Rachel
Michigan State University

Skipper George

With previous sailing experience, this course was both enjoyable and challenging at the same time. My sailing instructor George Podaras was very knowledgeable about the boat and just about everything to do with sailing. Each day of sailing was better than the last and I cannot wait to further my sailing experience and to sail on my own! I recommend this course to all experience levels and anyone who loves being on the water! The course did have some intense moments, but I felt that it was to better prepare us, not to frustrate us.

The schedule for the class was a bit hectic and it felt like each week was different.

Gabby

Tough yet Inspiring

I took ACT's Sailing Course with Skipper George Podaras and had an amazing time. From what I learned in George's pressured sailing course, I have been inspired to further my sailing education and continue to become certified in several areas of the nautical world. I 100% recommend this class to EVERYONE! Keep in mind, there are some intense moments in this class because when learning how to operate an expensive and potentially dangerous boat, you must be prepared for the most intense situations.

For the student seeking a unique study abroad site in Greece, the American College of Thessaloniki is ideal. Thessaloniki is the ‘road less taken’, a culturally intact city, small, diverse, youthful, at the crossroads of east and west and the gateway to Southeastern Europe.
With