View Other Details
• 45-60 contact hours including theory and experiential learning
• Aspects of tourism, tourism marketing and management
• 3 US credits provided by the Hellenic American University (at an extra rate)
• Accommodation in hand-picked and well-located superior class hotels
• Breakfast and one additional meal per day
• Professionals e.g. licensed guides, lecturers, and tour managers
• Entrance fees to museums and archaeological sites
• All land and sea transportation included in the itinerary of the specific programme
• Information material
• Local taxes
• Travel insurance*
• Transport to and from the airport in Greece
3-4 US credits (optional), professionals e.g. licensed guides, lecturers, and tour managers, entrance fees to museums and sites, information material, local taxes.
Tourism is a major source of foreign exchange and employment. It is a walloping economic and social phenomenon accounting for more than 12% of total world trade and growing at an annual rate of 8 percent.
The myth of Zorba and the carefree people who spend their time eating Greek salads, drinking retsina, and dancing syrtaki on the seaside became a potent imagery of tourism in Greece, for many decades. Today, though, the country is undergoing a major refurbishment of its global image and reputation, with world-class tourism services, infrastructure, and attractions catering to every need and inclination.
This program is an exclusive opportunity to explore the abundance of native resources Crete has to offer, while learning about the multifaceted features of the tourism industry. Discover the process whereby the origins of the Cretan heritage, tradition, and culture combine to create a distinctive tourist product that reflects the contemporary Cretan culture and hospitality.
- Explore the different types of tourism: sun & sea, ecotourism, slow tourism, cultural tourism, culinary tourism, etc.
- Trace the origins of the Cretan hospitality all the way from small family owned businesses to resorts, and how these are in line with current trends
- Visit fascinating natural locations such as Samaria National Park and local Natura beaches, the 7 villages of Apokoronas, important sites and museums
- Indulge yourself in the tastes of the Cretan cuisine, through visits to artisanal producers, restaurants, wineries and distilleries
- Marvel at the foremost masterpieces of prehistoric Crete, the eternal Knossos and the exquisite remains of the Minoan civilization