IPSL Guatemala: A Holistic Approach to Health & Healthy Communities
- Guatemala City
View Other Details
The fees, for this customizable program, can cover tuition, lodging, international airfare, airport transfers, orientations, excursions, service-learning placement and oversight and emergency medical/evacuation insurance. Work with IPSL's program director to create a program that suits your budget.
Passport; vaccine fees (if required/or elected); international airfare; course materials; personal spending money; local personal transportation; local cell phone and independent travel.
Would you like to study food, community, and culture in the tropics? Or provide volunteer service through one of several local partner organizations/agencies? IPSL's Guatemala experience can be created as a customized graduate, undergraduate, gap year, volunteer, or service learning program.
Engage with indigenous and other local cultures, food, lifestyle, agriculture economy, and human, animal, and environmental health of Guatemala first-hand through expert lecturers and site visits. During your journey, you will critically examine the social, political and cultural impact of food production on the environment, animals, and people of Guatemala.
From towering volcanoes to lush jungles full of life, you can expect to bear witness to a multitude of breathtaking landscapes and once in a lifetime experience.
Available online or in-country with the same support and thought-provoking orientation and courses and instructors.
Video and Photos
IPSL specializes in volunteer-based study abroad programming. All programs are credit-bearing and will provide an official transcript upon completion of the program.
On average, 15 HOURS per week will be spent volunteering in addition to 6-21 semester credits worth of course work. Our programs are small cohorts of dedicated, service-minded students who that receive individualized attention from our staff.
- Indulge in the pure beauty of Guatemala from towering volcanoes to lush jungles; expect to bear witness to a multitude of breathtaking landscapes!
- Eat your way through Guatemala like a local...not a tourist! Enjoy cooking classes with locals who share your passion for quality food!
- Service-learning opportunity with a grassroots group of Mayan farmers whose goal is to preserve the cultural and agricultural traditions of their ancestors!
- Take workshops and volunteer on cocoa or coffee farms!
- IPSL, the founder of Service-Learning, is a global education institute within the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM.edu). They invest over 83% of their revenues directly back into the communities where they serve.