Our AY/semester study abroad programs include two components:
1) Core Course: Intensive Russian as a Foreign Language (interactive communication skills, grammar, phonetics) geared towards different target proficiency levels.
2) Elective courses, depending on selected program: Russian Literature and Culture, East European Studies, Baltic Studies, History, Physics, Biology, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, and others.
Undergraduates can enroll for one semester or two consecutive semesters of study and receive European Credit Transfer (ECTS) credits from Daugavpils University.
Citizens of the United States, Canada, European Union, and many other countries can enter Latvia without a visa.
Full language and culture immersion in the most Russian city of the EU: Daugavpils, Latvia.
- Diverse elective course options in Russian as a Foreign Language, Russian Literature and Culture, East European Studies, Baltic Studies, History, Physics, Biology, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, and others.
- Accommodation with Russian-speaking host families.
- Native Russian-speaking student communication partners.
- Excursions, field trips, cultural and athletic activities.
- Local health insurance, two-way airport transfer, a local mobile phone and a full orientation. Full-time in-country support.