Semester or Year Study at American College of Norway

Semester or Year Study at American College of Norway

You can choose to study in Moss at American College of Norway for fall semester, spring semester, a full year, or summer (see separate listing for summer). The courses you take, all taught in English, vary each term depending on the visiting faculty from universities in the United States. You can earn up to 15 general education credits alongside Norwegian peers. Classes are designed to transfer easily back to your home university. With our small setting, students make friends quickly and know their classmates. You also receive 1 on 1 support from faculty and advisors.

Europe » Norway

Jeannette
Grand Forks
Mayville State University

The Best Decision I've Made

Studying at ACN has been more than I thought it would be. I thought I would study abroad and I would go back home the same person. I was completely wrong. Being at ACN has made me become more confident in myself and more spontaneous when before I was shy and didn't do many things outside of my comfort zone. ACN gave me the opportunity to meet many new friends and the staff at the school were our close advisers for anything we needed. Being at ACN also made it possible for me to make trips to other parts of Norway like Svalbard or Stavanger. I was also able to travel to places like London and Paris for prices that were in my range! Before going to ACN I was scared traveling places because it was different and new. I was a person of habit but now I love the unknown parts of trips because it makes it more of an adventure!

The only thing that could improve in the program is the selection of classes available to the students. Other than that I think it is a really great program that everyone should try!

Simen
Kongsvinger

A great opportunity

To me, this school represents a great opportunity for both American students who wish to study abroad, and Norwegians looking to study in the US.

Although I myself is one of the later, I have made a lot of American friends here, my room mate being one of them, and I hear nothing but praise coming from them. In fact, most of the ones I've asked said they wished they could stay for a little longer, despite missing their families at home. With ACN being such a small school compared to most American universities, we naturally have a tight and welcoming student environment. Whether we're studying, partying, traveling or killing time, we've always had the option of doing it in solidarity.

The small classes also seem to spark the teachers. Going from a school where they host lectures for hundreds of people at a time to classes where they have 20-40 people seem to bring them back to their teaching roots, allowing them to create a real student-teacher relationship. And although there will be new teachers every semester, I can honestly say that the teaching staff at ACN that I've encountered represents the best educators I have ever had the privilege of learning from.

To summarize: If you're curious about studying abroad and think that Norway might be the place for you, come to ACN! In my experience it was the best choice I could have made, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Honestly, I don't have any complaints, and without complaints it can be hard to find improvements.

Bethany
North Dakota
Mayville State University

The experience of a lifetime!

When I decided to I wanted to study abroad, I never thought it would be this beneficial for not only now but for years to come. The American College of Norway was what made this whole experience possible. ACN has given me opportunities that I would not received at any large scale university. The American College of Norway will forever have a piece of my heart, and it has become a place I would call home.

American College of Noway is a non-profit foundation established in 1992 located in Moss, Norway. Although enrollment is comprised mainly of Norwegians, every year students from the United States and other countries around the world come to study in Moss. ACN is located in the