View Other Details
Enjoy churros and hot chocolate – a favorite snack in Valladolid – as you meet with your language exchange group, which includes local English-language learners of all ages. You’ll quickly share your country’s customs, traditions, slang words and sense of humor with each other. Spend time with your host family sharing meals, learning about their traditions and experiencing some of Valladolid’s celebrations, such as La Feria, a fall celebration dedicated to the patron saint of Valladolid, or the spring celebration of Semana Santa, one of the largest holy weeks in the world.
As an educational center focused entirely on Spanish language and culture, Universitas Castellae offers individualized attention to its students. The school hosts a small number of U.S. and other international students each semester. Universitas is in the heart of Valladolid with classrooms in the historic and culturally significant Plaza del Viejo – the city’s first bullring.
- Focus on your Spanish-language development by studying in a city with few U.S. students or English-language speakers. Valladolid is a perfect city to practice your Spanish during daily interactions.
- Pursue volunteering opportunities in education, immigration services, language instruction, physical therapy and more to connect with local organizations working in the city.
- Strengthen your résumé by adding a business or education internship abroad to your resume while in Valladolid!
- Enroll in the course Human Rights in Global Spain to explore the concepts of culture, human rights and social justice in a multi-regional, globalized Spain.
- You’ll also venture outside of Valladolid with your RD as a guide. Excursions vary each semester but in the past have included Segovia and Salamanca.