Athena Study Abroad Program at HISA in Thailand

From
Athena Study Abroad
This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Athena Study Abroad.

Athena Study Abroad's program in Koh Samui, Thailand is for the student who is looking for something authentic and awe-inspiring. The program begins with 3 days in Thailand's big city of Bangkok and finishes with 10 days on Koh Samui for a smaller island feel. There is comfortable housing in Bangkok and beachside bungalows only steps away from the water on Koh Samui.

Athena's partner institution, the Hellenic International Studies in the Arts (HISA), with its main campus in Greece, has expanded to the far east. HISA's "Discover Thailand" program focuses on the art and culture of Thailand through creative writing and a digital photography journal. This way a student can completely immerse themselves in the culture and come away with their own way of expressing their discoveries of Thailand.

• Experience two sides of Thailand - bustling Bangkok and tranquil Koh Samui.
  • Explore the cultural sites of Thailand while learning about their history.
  • Gain applied learning experiences from our active, on-the-go program.
  • Receive hands-on instruction, which maximizes learning outcomes.

Tarin
Tarin

Athena Thailand Koh Samui Review

Thailand is beautiful and I am so glad that I was able to go abroad for two weeks to experience the wonderful country. I now wish that I had went for a full semester. However, even though it was only two weeks, it seemed that the program really took this into account and had something exciting to do every day. The field trips were well-planned and executed smoothly almost every time. I was very impressed. I am glad I went with Athena for my first time to Thailand, because I did not have to worry about planning excursions, and the teachers also knew the best spots to go. They had done it before, so they knew what to do and what not to do - sorta like a local. They were very knowledgeable about specific destinations (temples, local markets, etc) as well as the traditions and culture there. This helped my experience be more fulfilling. It was awesome, because our classroom was Thailand - and if we needed to sit at a table as a class, it was outdoors by the beach which was so peaceful. Overall, I really enjoyed this program and I am glad I went with Athena for my first time to Thailand. When I go back, I have the tools and knowledge to make my next trip even more amazing!

I think that I went into the program with more photographic experience than my other classmates. Athena teachers did a good job at allowing me to move ahead of the class, and cater to my prior experience of the medium. If it was more expected or foreseen in the curriculum to possibly have students with different experience levels, it might have gone a bit smoother. I wanted a challenge, and I was definitely challenged!