Berkeley-Haas Global Access Program

Berkeley-Haas Global Access Program

The Berkeley-Haas Global Access Program (BHGAP) provides unique access to Berkeley Haas School of Business faculty, courses and networks within the innovative ecosystem of the Bay Area and Silicon Valley.

Through BHGAP, top-qualifying international students spend a semester or a full academic year building the knowledge, skills and connections necessary to excel as tomorrow’s innovators and global leaders. The core curriculum of the program emphasizes entrepreneurship, technology, innovation and fundamentals of business.

• Career coaching and professional development workshops
  • Silicon Valley company visits
  • UC Berkeley Haas School of Business networking events
United States of America
Direct Enrollment
International Business
Travel Insurance
Application Fee
Tuition total must be multiplied to get total cost for full semester or year program

Throughout the program, students receive the same benefits provided to degree students at UC Berkeley, including access to campus libraries and recreational facilities.

A really great program!!

When people get to know that my major is Journalism and Communication, the first question they would ask me is that why I chose this BHGAP Program, which is focused on innovation, marketing and entrepreneurship and seems have nothing with my major. My answer is that I want to get more insights into the business areas and the Haas school of Business at UC Berkeley is one of the world’s leaders in that field. The BHGAP program provides access to the top-notch faculty and education sources and it is also friendly to international students from both business and non-business backgrounds. After the four-month study in Haas, I have to say that I have chosen a right program and I really enjoy this unique experience.

There are so many parts that I really enjoy in this program such as the lectures those brilliant professors gave, the experience shared by various guest speakers, the projects our team worked on and the career coaching by the professional staff. But if I have to put one thing as my favorite, I would say that it must be the Silicon Valley company visits. During this semester, we have visited LinkedIn, Bloomenergy and Surveymonky with the warm introduction given by the company staff. I think it is a great opportunity for us students to get deeper insights into the key factors that make the Bay Area the epicenter of cutting-edge entrepreneurship. If you have interest in working in Bay Area, it would also be very helpful to build connections and community.

Thanks to the career counseling from the qualified instructor, I have found out that both my interest and potential career path are the intersection of art and business. So after I finishes the BHGAP program, I think I would find an internship in that field to accumulate more practical experience. Besides, I am going to prepare for the application for a master offer from the universities in the United States. A lot of work need to be done and I really look forward to them.

Maybe next time the program can set more tracks to meet different needs by different kinds of students.

Great program for entrepreneurs

The program is designed for entrepreneurs or anyone interested in startups. I've met so many outstanding guest speakers, like the CEO of indiegogo, who inspire me every time after the lecture. My professors are also with full of experience, knowledge and practical skills which bring me a lot of help! There are also lots of interesting events and valuable resources you can reach here as long as you want to.

Best entrepreneurship program

I really enjoyed the program! Apart from the courses teaching us how to start and fund a company, we also learned from our professors who are successful investors and entrepreneurs. and the entrepreneurial atmosphere in the Bay Area is also quite attractive. We could get to know many innovators who are our guest speakers and there are soooo many panels and forums! It was the best entrepreneurship program I've ever known!

About UC Berkeley Extension

UC Berkeley Extension is part of the vibrant UC Berkeley campus and offers a wide range of programs that bring international students to Berkeley―home to the number one public university in the United States. These short-term study options include...