Berkeley Haas Global Access Program

The Berkeley Haas Global Access Program (BHGAP) provides unique access to Berkeley's Haas School of Business faculty, courses and networks within the innovative ecosystem of the Bay Area and Silicon Valley.

Through BHGAP, top-qualifying international students spend a semester or a full academic year building the knowledge, skills and connections necessary to excel as tomorrow’s innovators and global leaders. The core curriculum of the program emphasizes entrepreneurship, technology, innovation and fundamentals of business.

• Career coaching and professional development workshops
  • Silicon Valley company visits
  • UC Berkeley Haas School of Business networking events

John

An awesome transformational experience

the Bay Area and Silicon Valley provide an ideal environment for a new entrepreneur. Haas community is so powerful that we can easily leverage a variety of resource and advantages. Berkeley Haas is also about developing leaders who redefine how we do business. It's really good program for entrepreneurs and Techs. This program is helpful for my career life, and I make a lot of friends here. I really enjoy this semester.

Chen

An Unforgettable Experience

This will be my most unforgettable experience in the undergraduate years. I met a lot of smart students and outstanding professors; I experienced cutural shock and then gained the ability of cross-cultural communication; I had a better understanding of cultural diversity; I learned not only academic knowledge but also collaboration and social capacity; I developed close friendship with people from all over the world; I travelled around South America to see the great landscape. Thank you for all the days I stayed here!!!!

Ana Lucia

BEST PROGRAM EVER

I have no words to explain how amazing this program is. You don't only get the chance to study in one of the best public universities in the world, but also you have the opportunity to study with wonderful people from all over the world! I had amazing professors that have helped me to become a better professional and person. I visited companies in Silicon Valley and talked to entrepreneurs that came to our classroom to talk about their experience. We learned about innovation in the place where it is most practiced. Thanks to BHGAP I see my future as something brilliant full of opportunities because it gave me tools to build it.

Yemen

An unforgettable experience

Being part of the BHGAP program this semester has been an insightful and changing-mind experience for me. I met people from all over the world, I had classes with great professors and brilliant students,
I visited companies around Silicon Valley and San Francisco such as Salesforce and I had the opportunity to talk to great entrepreneurs. This program has definitely had an impact on me and my future career path, it has given me a new perspective on entrepreneurship, leadership, and innovation.

I would like to have more entrepreneurs as guest speakers.
Yiyun

A really great program!!

When people get to know that my major is Journalism and Communication, the first question they would ask me is that why I chose this BHGAP Program, which is focused on innovation, marketing and entrepreneurship and seems have nothing with my major. My answer is that I want to get more insights into the business areas and the Haas school of Business at UC Berkeley is one of the world’s leaders in that field. The BHGAP program provides access to the top-notch faculty and education sources and it is also friendly to international students from both business and non-business backgrounds. After the four-month study in Haas, I have to say that I have chosen a right program and I really enjoy this unique experience.

There are so many parts that I really enjoy in this program such as the lectures those brilliant professors gave, the experience shared by various guest speakers, the projects our team worked on and the career coaching by the professional staff. But if I have to put one thing as my favorite, I would say that it must be the Silicon Valley company visits. During this semester, we have visited LinkedIn, Bloomenergy and Surveymonky with the warm introduction given by the company staff. I think it is a great opportunity for us students to get deeper insights into the key factors that make the Bay Area the epicenter of cutting-edge entrepreneurship. If you have interest in working in Bay Area, it would also be very helpful to build connections and community.

Thanks to the career counseling from the qualified instructor, I have found out that both my interest and potential career path are the intersection of art and business. So after I finishes the BHGAP program, I think I would find an internship in that field to accumulate more practical experience. Besides, I am going to prepare for the application for a master offer from the universities in the United States. A lot of work need to be done and I really look forward to them.

Maybe next time the program can set more tracks to meet different needs by different kinds of students.
Cassie

Great program for entrepreneurs

The program is designed for entrepreneurs or anyone interested in startups. I've met so many outstanding guest speakers, like the CEO of indiegogo, who inspire me every time after the lecture. My professors are also with full of experience, knowledge and practical skills which bring me a lot of help! There are also lots of interesting events and valuable resources you can reach here as long as you want to.

Zeren

Best entrepreneurship program

I really enjoyed the program! Apart from the courses teaching us how to start and fund a company, we also learned from our professors who are successful investors and entrepreneurs. and the entrepreneurial atmosphere in the Bay Area is also quite attractive. We could get to know many innovators who are our guest speakers and there are soooo many panels and forums! It was the best entrepreneurship program I've ever known!

About UC Berkeley Extension International Programs

UC Berkeley Extension is part of the vibrant UC Berkeley campus and offers a wide range of programs that bring international students to Berkeley―home to the number one public university in the United States. These short-term study options include...