Berkeley Haas Global Access Program

Berkeley Haas School of Business
Berkeley Haas School of Business
Berkeley Haas School of Business professor
Berkeley Haas School of Business professor

The Berkeley Haas Global Access Program (BHGAP) provides unique access to Berkeley's Haas School of Business faculty, courses and networks within the innovative ecosystem of the Bay Area and Silicon Valley.

Through BHGAP, top-qualifying international students spend a semester or a full academic year building the knowledge, skills and connections necessary to excel as tomorrow’s innovators and global leaders. The core curriculum of the program emphasizes entrepreneurship, technology, innovation and fundamentals of business.

• Career coaching and professional development workshops
  • Silicon Valley company visits
  • UC Berkeley Haas School of Business networking events
  • Eligibility to apply for OPT work authorization in the U.S. after two semesters

Jesus

A Silicon Valley kind of program

BHGAP is a program like no other. It is a thrilling new program at Berkeley-Haas School of Business that contains some of the best courses of the MBA program with the same amazing professors. Additionally, the program allows you to select some elective courses from Berkeley´s course catalog. If that is not enough, you also get the chance to visit some of the most exciting Startups and Tech Companies in the Valley in the weekly site visits.

You get the chance to experience the Silicon Valley and see how the world should look like in the future.

The cohort is great because it is varied not only in terms of academic and professional experience, but also in terms of culture, with students from over 10 different countries.

It is definitely and experience that goes beyond anyone's expectations.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most surprising thing was going to Yosemite National park with people from the cohort for the weekend. Entering the Yosemite Valley is breathtaking.
Mike

An incredible experience

It is quite hard to put in words how enriching this past semester at the Haas School of Business has been to me. Not only did the Berkeley Haas Global Access Program give me the opportunity to learn from outstanding professors and fellow students at one of the best business schools in the world, but it also allowed me to gain valuable insights of what entrepreneurship really looks like in this unique environment within the Bay Area and Silicon Valley.

Special thanks to the University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business and all people involved in the Berkeley Haas Global Access Program for providing this great opportunity! I am extremely grateful that I have had the chance to make all these amazing experiences and can highly recommend this program!

Just stay curious and open-minded. This is the perfect environment to try out innovative things, make new experiences, fail, learn and improve.
Markus

BHGAP at UC Berkeley - Spring 19

I can just say that I have not been disappointed at all, even though I have had high expectations. I have learned a lot through projects and discussions in class, lectured by some of the best professors of the United States. I have seen the beauty of the Bay area and explored the Silicon Valley spirit in numerous company visits. And I have made life-long friends from all over the world with whom I created memories that will be long remembered. Even though the weather has not always been great, I have spend more money than I would be comfortable to for stuff like food or toothpaste, and I have not traveled and surfed as much as I thought I would, I am still a hundred percent content.All in all I am thankful to have gotten this chance and if you would ask me, I’d do it all over again!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I could do it all over again, I would start traveling from the very first week and try to see as much stuff as possible. Once your deep in Study stress, this gets difficult..
Karin

Memory for a lifetime

The BHGAP program gave me the opportunity to take advantage of Berkeley Haas’ faculty, courses, and networks within the innovative ecosystem of the Silicon Valley. I had the chance to connect with industry experts in our guest lectures, explore the Bay Area corporate culture during company visits to Google, Facebook and LinkedIn, and learn from professors who are more than happy to share the secrets of the Silicon Valley.

BHGAP is also a time for you to meet new people, build friendships, and have fun. I remember the happiest moments were when I made new friends in my American student club, traveled to Los Angeles and Las Vegas with my friends from BHGAP, and had long, meaningful talks at dinner in the International House in Berkeley. When I sad my goodbyes, I realized that those are the memories I want to keep forever.

Shuang(Astrid)

Amazing BHGAP Program

On the first day of the semester, I couldn’t imagine how much the Berkeley Haas Global Access Program will change my life. At the time, I was excited to start my adventure in the UC Berkeley and the Bay Area.

The academic courses in the Haas are different from my university in Japan. Lectures were provided professors, but each student needs to contribute our own experience and knowledge in the class. Because classmates came from more than 15 countries and have diverse perspectives, we learned a lot from each other.

The professors are ready to help students about any questions, both academic and life. These helped me to prepare myself for future work and gave ideas how to interact with my friends.
I appreciate having this chance to join this program.

Sixiong

Great program

BHGAP is an insightful program for anyone who is interested in business and entrepreneurship. Students can choose from introductory classes to advanced classes, so students from both business or non-business background can benefit from it. The program also includes site-visit to more than 10 companies in the San Francisco and Silicon Valley, and various guest speakers’ speech. Both make this program more unique. Besides practical business knowledge, this program also gives you a chance to rethink your future path. Professors who usually teach the Haas MBA program share their thinking and the way to view the world in the class. In addition, you will have an opportunity to consult professors personally about whatever you want. These experiences make BHGAP really unique program among hundreds of business programs in the world.

Maya

The Best Program

There was countless experiences and people I would never met without studying in Berkeley Haas Global Access Program. BHGAP offered me a lot of opportunities to learn spirits of entrepreneurship in Bay Area and great network with classmates from all over the world. I grew not only academically but personally.

I want to say thank you to everybody who supported me, wonderful classmates from all over the world, great professors who are always open minded and willing to share their knowledge, supportive advisors and people related to organize this program.

Berkeley Haas Global Access Program focuses on entrepreneurship and innovation and people who is interested in these two of them and the Silicon Valley/ Bay Area should choose this program.I strongly recommend to apply this program to people who seek life-changing experiences.

Marcel

You get it only there, at Berkeley.

A Business School that is living after its values, a Business School that contains so many great and motivated professors, a Business School that is among the best business schools of the world.

The BHGAP gives you an insight in what you otherwise never would experience. Company visits, MBA classes and a valuable network. I can recommend the BHGAP program to everyone who strives after self-development and unforgettable experiences.

Anna-Julia

Life Changing.

Studying at UC Berkeley is an unforgettable experience and an opportunity that nobody should miss out.
The Berkeley Haas Global Access Program focuses on entrepreneurship and innovation. Everybody who is interested in this and the Silicon Valley should definitely choose this program! Professors not only teach knowledge about founding, growing or funding a company, but also critical thinking and team working skills that are crucial in today's working environment.
One of the things that I liked the most about the BHGAP or Berkeley in general were the professors and students themselves. I have never experienced such motivating and engaging professors in my life. They really care about their students, prepare interesting classes and take personal time to answer any question you might have. Like the professors, the students are also extremely motivated and clever. It's cool to be a nerd at Berkeley and students support and push each other.
It really is an inspiring environment and a place to not only develop yourself academically but also personally.
Worth every dollar spent.

Some of the classes could be a little more challenging.
Camila

The best experience I ever had - BHGAP Fall 2018

It was an honor to be part of this amazing program, Berkeley Haas Global Access Program, as an Impact Ambassador. I am finishing this experience knowing that I grew a lot, not only professionally but personally.
This exchange gave me the opportunity to learn from the best professor, meet great students, visit successful companies and be in contact with so many different cultures. It was an opportunity to leave my comfort zone and develop myself in various ways.
If you are seeking for any improvement in your life, this program has everything to offer. I am leaving Berkeley feeling fulfilled and grateful. I couldn't have chosen a better offer.
Looking forward to returning.

John

An awesome transformational experience

the Bay Area and Silicon Valley provide an ideal environment for a new entrepreneur. Haas community is so powerful that we can easily leverage a variety of resource and advantages. Berkeley Haas is also about developing leaders who redefine how we do business. It's really good program for entrepreneurs and Techs. This program is helpful for my career life, and I make a lot of friends here. I really enjoy this semester.

Chen

An Unforgettable Experience

This will be my most unforgettable experience in the undergraduate years. I met a lot of smart students and outstanding professors; I experienced cutural shock and then gained the ability of cross-cultural communication; I had a better understanding of cultural diversity; I learned not only academic knowledge but also collaboration and social capacity; I developed close friendship with people from all over the world; I travelled around South America to see the great landscape. Thank you for all the days I stayed here!!!!

Ana Lucia

BEST PROGRAM EVER

I have no words to explain how amazing this program is. You don't only get the chance to study in one of the best public universities in the world, but also you have the opportunity to study with wonderful people from all over the world! I had amazing professors that have helped me to become a better professional and person. I visited companies in Silicon Valley and talked to entrepreneurs that came to our classroom to talk about their experience. We learned about innovation in the place where it is most practiced. Thanks to BHGAP I see my future as something brilliant full of opportunities because it gave me tools to build it.

Yemen

An unforgettable experience

Being part of the BHGAP program this semester has been an insightful and changing-mind experience for me. I met people from all over the world, I had classes with great professors and brilliant students,
I visited companies around Silicon Valley and San Francisco such as Salesforce and I had the opportunity to talk to great entrepreneurs. This program has definitely had an impact on me and my future career path, it has given me a new perspective on entrepreneurship, leadership, and innovation.

I would like to have more entrepreneurs as guest speakers.
Yiyun

A really great program!!

When people get to know that my major is Journalism and Communication, the first question they would ask me is that why I chose this BHGAP Program, which is focused on innovation, marketing and entrepreneurship and seems have nothing with my major. My answer is that I want to get more insights into the business areas and the Haas school of Business at UC Berkeley is one of the world’s leaders in that field. The BHGAP program provides access to the top-notch faculty and education sources and it is also friendly to international students from both business and non-business backgrounds. After the four-month study in Haas, I have to say that I have chosen a right program and I really enjoy this unique experience.

There are so many parts that I really enjoy in this program such as the lectures those brilliant professors gave, the experience shared by various guest speakers, the projects our team worked on and the career coaching by the professional staff. But if I have to put one thing as my favorite, I would say that it must be the Silicon Valley company visits. During this semester, we have visited LinkedIn, Bloomenergy and Surveymonky with the warm introduction given by the company staff. I think it is a great opportunity for us students to get deeper insights into the key factors that make the Bay Area the epicenter of cutting-edge entrepreneurship. If you have interest in working in Bay Area, it would also be very helpful to build connections and community.

Thanks to the career counseling from the qualified instructor, I have found out that both my interest and potential career path are the intersection of art and business. So after I finishes the BHGAP program, I think I would find an internship in that field to accumulate more practical experience. Besides, I am going to prepare for the application for a master offer from the universities in the United States. A lot of work need to be done and I really look forward to them.

Maybe next time the program can set more tracks to meet different needs by different kinds of students.