WorldTeach originally started teaching in Bangladesh in 2008, when we were invited by the Asian University for Women, an international university located in Chittagong that seeks to provide a world-class education to promising young women from diverse cultural, religious, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Our volunteers work as English or math teachers or sometimes as Teaching Assistants as well as Writing Center tutors. This is a unique opportunity to become fully immersed in the local culture and community, improve foreign language skills, gain teaching and leadership experience, and intercultural communication skills that will transfer to any professional field.
With our year-long program, you can also become TEFL certified to earn credibility and give you an edge in the ESL teaching job market. While certification usually costs about $1,899, with WorldTeach you can become certified for only $350 while also gaining priceless in-country teaching experience.
View Program Information
* Monthly stipend
* Health & emergency evacuation insurance
* Orientation Training- including teacher training, teaching practicum, language and cultural immersion, safety and security briefing
* Support from full time in-country staff
* Professional development with Teacher Quality Coordinator
* Meals & housing during training and conferences
* Transportation between training and placement sites
* Mid-Service Conference
* End-of-Service Conference