This program is no longer offered. View more programs from BridgeAbroad.
Teach English in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! - CLOSED

Teach English in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! - CLOSED

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from BridgeAbroad.

Teach English in Brazil! Get TEFL certified in exotic Rio de Janeiro, Brazil with an experienced, accredited institution and qualify for a teaching position with our partner schools in Brazil or in other locations worldwide. Bridge Abroad program graduates receive an internationally recognized 140-hour TEFL certificate and job placement assistance in our language centers and partner schools around the world. The comprehensive BridgeAbroad TEFL certificate program gives you everything you need to start teaching English abroad.

South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro

MalloryD
Norfolk, Virginia
Hampton University

Great experience

From the moment I got to the school and was just totally out of place and all out of whack, everyone at Bridge was there with encouraging words and great advice. I felt prepared heading out into the work world of Rio and was super confident and if at any point I ever had questions they were there to help me along the way. I can honestly say they were not only wonderful educators be eventually became wonderful friends who always had my best interest at heart.

I would say that when coming into the program there needs to be emphasis that this school is smack dab in the city of Rio and is difficult to find. Having an english speaking person to dictate that in emails would be super helpful. It took me like 1 1/2 hours to find Bridge the first day :(

jennkoz
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

More than just a coure, it's an experience.

Bridge Brazil is more than just a course I took for one month of my life. The staff, professors and friends I met will continue to be an influence in my life here in Brazil and abroad. They truly create an environment for learning as well as training us to teach. New ideas and approaches of teaching were introduced, resources were available, and the hands-on experience of teaching students with levels ranging from beginner to high intermediate made me ready to start teaching immediately after completing the program.

Honestly, I cannot think of a thing I would change. Everything was important into shaping us into successful language teachers, and this is coming from someone who has no language teaching background.

Kenswil
Portland, OR
Saint Michael's College

Great program

Nice people. Very supportive. Got me jobs. The school is nice and in a safe area (at least durring the day). Rio is amazing. Course is just challenging enough that you'll feel confident, but not overwhelming.

Joel
Birmingham, AL

Loved the School

The staff was great, very helfpul in finding a job as well as letting us return to the school after we graduated to hang out in between classes. I would highly recommend the school.

Rio is an expensive city. I probably would have lived in a less expensive part of Rio.

Maria
Moscow, Russia

TEFL in Rio

TEFL program is really useful and very interesting. Rio is fantastically active city, full of life, music, sun and pleasure. It can be difficult to teach in Brazil because of cultural distinctions, but it does the work even more interesting.

It is necessary to know that teachers of a course are Brazilians. With their features, as personal so professional. Teaching Americans gives them more pleasure than teaching others who wish to teach English abroad.

sfishy
Minas Gerais, Brazil
Saint Michael's College

Great Program!

This program provided excellent practical knowledge and opportunities for hands-on experience teaching English language learners. I highly recommend this program! The teachers were very helpful and friendly and the facility was well taken care of. I had a great time learning at BridgeTEFL in Rio de Janeiro and I now feel prepared to teach English anywhere in the world.

With over 20 years of experience, Bridge is an established leader in the teach abroad market. BridgeAbroad internships and study abroad programs are a great way to start gaining professional experience while learning the local language. Internships also come with the opportunity to fill educational