View Other Details
- Completed university degree or college diploma
- Ability to pass the vulnerable sector police check
- Must be currently located in Canada
- Modest monthly living allowance
- Accommodation while in placement
- Airfare to and from placement
- Online predeparture training
- Emergency Medical Insurance
- On the ground support through our Cuso International office
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Support for accompanying partners/dependents is not available for this placement.
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
Location: Various communities in the Northwest Territories, Canada
Placement duration: Starting in August until June
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
As an Education Assistant, you will provide your knowledge as an educator, share your experiences about the world, inspire students to learn and pursue further education, and encourage students to believe they can become who they aspire to be!
You will help facilitate the e-learning program for students in grades 4-12 where you will connect your classroom to a network of other classrooms in various schools in the Northwest Territories also facilitated by other Education Assistants like yourself. You will work directly with assigned teachers (including the host teacher), participate in activities both inside and outside the classroom, and be engaged with the community through intercultural events throughout the school year.