This program is no longer offered. View more programs from BridgeAbroad.
Get Certified in Chile with Bridge's IDELT program! - CLOSED

Get Certified in Chile with Bridge's IDELT program! - CLOSED

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from BridgeAbroad.

Bridge's IDELT program is a 140 hour, four week program that earns you an International Diploma in English Language Teaching. There are multiple locations to go through the program, one of the most exciting being at Bridge's school in Santiago, Chile. Chile has one of the most stable markets in South America, relatively low unemployment, and a positive receptiveness towards foreigners, rendering Chile the perfect place to start your career as an English teacher. Besides these benefits, the climate in Santiago is delightful and you will be located close to both the Andes and the Pacific Ocean!

The IDELT program has been compared to college institutions by experts in the field of English education. It is only offered at Bridge Abroad schools. During the program, you will improve your knowledge of the English language, gain teaching experience, and classroom confidence.

South America » Chile » Santiago

tahoebarbara
South Lake Tahoe, CA
State University of New York- New Paltz

Great Program

I truly enjoyed my experience with Bridge in Santiago. I felt safe throughout my stay and made friends with others taking the class and some of my students. This was truly a rewarding and enriching experience. Not only did I learn how to teach English, my own grasp of my language improved as a result.

tmctague
New Haven, CT
Bowdoin College

Recent College Grad, Adventure in Santiago

I had a great time at BridgeTEFL. Their facilities are in one of the nicest parts of Santiago. The staff was really nice, they actually helped most of my group find apartments (either directly or indirectly). I got a pretty competitive job afterwards, it was the first one I applied for. I was well-prepared, and that is the point of the program. It was fun, a decent amount of work, and the pedagogy is in line with the latest methods. I'm currently a high school teacher in Connecticut (science), and I have encountered a lot of the same methodology when learning about how to teach ELL students. My only criticism is cost, it's a bit expensive, especially compared to a similar certification obtained in the USA. However, if money isn't a huge factor, I'd pay it. Typically, for young people traveling abroad (a luxury), money isn't a big deal. Santiago is an amazing city, and I'd highly suggest it to anyone interested, si po weon!

Lower cost...as I mentioned above. However, if you have a good group, it's nice to kind of have a "family" to fall back on when you arrive..most of your group members are in the same boat as you, so it's invaluable to meet a group of fellow gringos.

caitrpeterson
Flagstaff, Arizona
Cumberland University

Living and Studying in Santiago, Chile

I had a great experience living in Santiago, Chile while taking the IDELT course at Bridge. I chose to stay with a host family, and they were great. Every day they asked how I was doing and what I was learning in the course. They made sure I had everything I needed and treated me like their daughter. The course was very challenging, and I really loved everything about it, especially the structure. I liked having input sessions in the morning and teaching practice in the afternoons. The teaching practice was very helpful, and if I wasn't teaching, I was observing other teachers/trainers and giving them positive feedback. Santiago is a great city, with a lot of different things to do. It's clean, safe, and very easy to get around, whether by walking or taking the metro. Everything is accessible. I highly recommend this program!

I wish I could have stayed in Chile longer...maybe offer an internship in conjunction with the IDELT course to give new teachers experience.

With over 20 years of experience, Bridge is an established leader in the teach abroad market. BridgeAbroad internships and study abroad programs are a great way to start gaining professional experience while learning the local language. Internships also come with the opportunity to fill educational