View Other Details
- Native English speaker
- Camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience (a professional reference letter is required)
- Clear criminal history
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors
- High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country
- Correct grammar and spelling on application
- Kind, caring and friendly : a people-person!
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans).
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
Working at American Village Camps is a good first ESL job.
It gives you experience
- Implementing lesson plans (2 hrs of ESL class, daily)
- Using ESL games
- Working with beginners
- Practicing TPR
- Perfecting your communication skills
- Meeting other ESL teachers
- Getting international work experience
All the while having fun with games and activities in English.
For more seasoned ESL teachers, it is a good fit if you are ready to get out of the classroom and onto the playing field! This is a language camp counselor job, there are no ESL office hours, if the kids have questions, they will ask you while playing with you in activities!
Hired counselors must pay their own transportation to and from France.
- The position is paid €1170 per month.
- Travel reimbursement up to €50.
We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps. All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to camp.
There are no fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit. All counselors must be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist (for example: US or Canadians are allowed this with a valid passport.)
Your personal tourism activities are not paid for by the employer.
Work in France this fall! We are currently hiring for positions at our overnight camps!
- Housing and food provided
- Lead fun recreational activities in English (sports, field games, arts and crafts, etc)
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the campers under your care
- Teach up to 2 hours of English classes, daily. Working at American Village Camps is a good first ESL job, it is a childcare position that also gives you experience - putting into place the techniques you learned in CELTA, TEFL or TESL training.
The full job description is available on our recruitment website.
*COVID applicant location requirement*:
Due to the coronavirus pandemic’s impact on worldwide travel, we are hiring candidates in France. Candidates applying outside of France, must supply additional information. Read more on our website.