View Other Details
- Fluent English speaker (CECRL Level C1 or higher)
- Camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- Clear criminal history
- Knowledge of north American or British history and culture
- Correct grammar and spelling on application
- Kind, caring and friendly : a people-person!
- Capable of organizing activities in English : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large games, etc.
- Happy to perform in skits, tell stories, lead songs & cheers, all in English.
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
Working at American Village Camps is a good first ESL job.
It gives you experience
- Implementing lesson plans (2 hrs of ESL class, daily)
- Using ESL games
- Working with beginners
- Practicing TPR
- Perfecting your communication skills
- Meeting other ESL teachers
- Getting international work experience
All the while having fun with games and activities in English.
For more seasoned ESL teachers, it is a good fit if you are ready to get out of the classroom and onto the playing field! This is a language camp counselor job, there are no ESL office hours, if the kids have questions, they will ask you while playing with you in activities!
- The position is paid €1170 per month.
- Travel reimbursement up to €100
- Housing and Meals are paid for by the company.
All counselors may request a 100€ defrayal of train travel to camp at the beginning of their contract.
We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
Personal tourism activities
Work in France! We are currently hiring for positions at our overnight camps!
- Housing and food provided
- Lead fun recreational activities in English (sports, field games, arts and crafts, etc)
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the campers under your care
- Teach up to 2 hours of English classes, daily. Working at American Village Camps is a good first ESL job, it is a childcare position that also gives you experience - putting into place the techniques you learned in CELTA, TEFL or TESL training.
The full job description is available on our recruitment website.
Video and Photos
- Earn money in France without speaking the language.
- Make fun memories with international counselors.
- Have a positive influence on the life of a child.
- Gain teaching and lesson planning experience
- Join a team that promotes positivity and creativity!