View Other Details
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience living or working abroad highly preferred
- Experience teaching, lesson planning, or supervising children in an education setting
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to adapt to change and be flexible
There are plenty of places to teach outside the US, but very few organizations give you the chance to make the impact of a lifetime. This immersing job opportunity provides a monthly stipend, housing with utilities, transportation, health insurance, and visa renewal trips.
In 2012, Students Helping Honduras opened the Villa Soleada Bilingual School in northern Honduras with the goal to serve up to 250 children from the surrounding villages and our Children's Home. Many of our students come from families that live on just a few dollars a day. Our Children's Home neighbors our Bilingual School where classes Pre-K through 7 are currently being offered. Check out our most recent updates here. We are proud of our rare model where children of very low economic standing are able to have access to a bilingual education, usually only affordable by the middle to upper class.
OUR MISSION is to alleviate extreme poverty and violence in Honduras through education and youth empowerment.
- In addition to the $164.47 monthly salary (currency exchange is 23L to $1), SHH covers all volunteer housing with utilities. Expenses like internet, classroom materials, Volunteer Card health insurance, and visa renewal trips are also covered.
- Our volunteers will live in a comfortable staff apartment located in the city center of El Progreso and will be provided with transportation to and from the school in our bus.
- Teachers will fly to Honduras to begin training in July 2018, School starts in late August. Volunteers have a winter break where many return to the US for the Holidays. The contract ends July 8th 2019.