View Other Details
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Native or near-native proficiency in English & Intermediate or better Spanish
- 2 years post-college full-time professional/volunteer experience. One in an international (preferably developing world) setting. One in education (this can be the same year).
- Openness to serving in a Catholic, faith-based organization
- Cultural humility & an openness to learning from others
* Room and board
* Health insurance
* Up to $750 annual flight stipend
* Loan deferral assistance when possible
* Orientation and training
* On-going training, formation and retreats
* Professional development stipend
* Professional mentors
* Participation in Amigos de Jesus re-entry retreat upon successful completion of fellowship
Have you finished a year or two of service abroad and are wondering what’s next? Would you like to turn your service experience into continued professional growth in Honduras?
Amigos de Jesús is excited to offer an educational leadership opportunity. We are recruiting Fellows who desire to make a 2-year commitment to serve alongside other young professionals in education and leadership roles. Fellows will join our dynamic, multicultural school team as classroom teachers, resource teachers, administrators and mentors to other teachers.
The Amigos de Jesús Bilingual School is a pre-K through grade 9 school located in rural Honduras serving the orphaned and abandoned children of the Amigos de Jesús home for children as well as neighboring children from the low-income communities surrounding our home. Fellows will teach in English, though the primary language of the school staff, students and families is Spanish.
- Life-changing experience teaching and living abroad
- A wonderful place to improve your Spanish language
- A chance to work as part of a team in an organization dedicated to serving Honduras through education and care of vulnerable children.
- Gain valuable work experience and resume building skills
- Leadership growth opportunities