By Asia Pacific TEFL   Reviews (3)   100% Rating

Asia Pacific TEFL Summer Workshop & Term Teaching Internships

By Asia Pacific TEFL   Reviews (3)   100% Rating

Asia Pacific TEFL is offering both a summer workshop (June 16-June 30, 2017) and a 3 month Certificate & Term Teaching internship.

Asia-Pacific TEFL provides a unique approach to TEFL teacher training focusing much more on classroom teaching experience than classroom lectures. The TEFL workshops and internships provide participants with teacher training and teaching practice in both public and private schools. Participating schools range from kindergarten to college classes. This results not only in a wide-ranging teaching experience but also an impressive list of professional teacher references and contacts to greatly enhance job and career opportunities for the participants.

Asia › Japan

Sarah
Janesville, WI

Experiencing Guy Healy Japan

Overall 10

This is one of the most rewarding things I have ever had the pleasure of doing. Teaching in schools of all ages gives an aspect into the Japanese Education style and system. Guy gives lectures and helps you set and plan teaching lessons. Nagasaki is also an amazing city for this program to be stationed out of. It has enough for you to enjoy the cultural aspect of Japan while you are working. Down time is enjoyable and it is particularly easy to get around the city. Locals, school faculty and students are all such a joy to be around.

Guy Healy is also extremely invested into your future in job hunting and this is something more you take out of this experience.

Madison
New Richmond

Most Rewarding Summer!

Overall 10

This was one of the most rewarding opportunities I have had. I learned so much about teaching English as a foreign language and had opportunities I would otherwise not have. During this program we worked with individuals from as young as three all the way up to sixty-five. We went to schools and also held a community event. Along with teaching we did a lot of learning. We had different classes were we learned from Guy Healy himself. During this opportunity I learned a lot about myself as well. I highly recommend this program.

I loved this program. The only thing I wish would improve is the communication about flight details. I found out three days before I had to leave.

Kristin
Elkhart Lake

TEFL program and Guy Healy Japan

Overall 10

I've had the privilege of being apart of with Guy Healy and his programs for the past 3 summers. The opportunities, connections, friendships, and growth I've encountered have brought me back. This past summer I participated in the Asia pacific TEFL program in Nagasaki. I learned what it really meant to teach English as a foreign language along with helpful systems and tools to do it effectively. What I loved most about this program was the multitude of in class time I had with foreign students. Other than lectures, teaching, learning, and team building, we also had a lot of free time to learn about the city, sightsee, and hit up downtown. I also left the program knowing and having connections with various teaching opportunities for future employment in Japan and other countries in Asia. Overall, AMAZING experience!

Asia Pacific TEFL is organized by Guy Healy, Japan in partnership with several American Universities and public and private schools of Nagasaki, Japan.

GHJ has been dedicated to the promotion of friendship and cooperation through education and culture exchange between the people of the United States and Japan for the past 30+ years. With Asia Pacific TEFL we plan to continue and enhance that mission including expansion to many other countries. Several hundred-thousand students, counselors, teachers and host families have taken part in our programs.