View Other Details
- Self-starter, with initiative and new ideas
- Responsible and able to work independently
- Has some experience teaching or working with children, and ideas about how best to share their knowledge with students
- Willing to respect the local culture, even if it means making adjustments or sacrifices
- Able to adapt to the challenges of a conflict environment
We are looking for skilled volunteers who are interested in making a difference in the lives of these children. We welcome volunteers from many different backgrounds and skill sets, though we do require some experience teaching or working with groups of children. You will be expected to teach one of our core languages (English or French), but in addition, we encourage you to share whatever skills you may have –- whether in the arts, athletics, or IT. Many of our activities programs are designed and implemented by volunteers, so if you have an idea, we’d love to hear it.