- United States of America
View Other Details
- Be qualified for teaching in primary or secondary schools in your country of nationality or last legal residence
- Be working as a teacher in your home country or country of legal residence at the time of application, or, if not working as a teacher (a) have recently (within 12 months of application) completed an advanced degree and (b) have two years of full-time tea
- Have a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree in either Education or the academic subject field in which you intend to teach
- Have a minimum of two years of teaching experience
- Satisfy the standards of the U.S. state in which you will teach
- Be of good reputation and character
- Possess advanced proficiency in the English language as determined by Spirit’s screening process.
Optional school placement and support from Spirit Cultural Exchange throughout the program.
SEVIS or visa application fees, airport transfers, international airfare, domestic transportation in the US, daily public transportation to and from the Host School, housing fees & deposits, spending money and emergency funds. Other fees may apply.
Teach in the USA full-time at an accredited primary or secondary school while sharing your culture with American schoolchildren. Whether you teach Spanish in the American heartland or instruct high school students in advanced biology in an urban center, Spirit’s Teacher Program will be the experience of a lifetime. Spirit Cultural Exchange, a respected exchange organization in the USA designated as a BridgeUSA Teacher Program sponsor, will be at your side every step of the way. Choose to find your own school placement or Spirit can help match you with one of its high ranking partner schools across the United States.
- Teach in an accredited American K-12 school for up to 1-3 years
- Learn about American culture firsthand
- Gain valuable international teaching experience
- Program extensions possible for up to two additional years in some cases
- Two program options: Find your own placement or have Spirit match you with a US Host School