View Other Details
The CELTA program has four main components and covers five main topics. The components consist of input sessions, teaching practice, guided lesson planning, and feedback on teaching.
More than certifying you as an ESOL teacher, the CELTA benefits you in numerous ways:
1. It gives you practical, hands-on experience
2. It teaches you the principles of effective language teaching
3. It provides you with a range of practical skills you can employ in various teaching situations
- There are 120 contact hours in the course including workshops and seminars.
- Written assignments will be set during input sessions and the times they are set and are to be submitted are clearly marked in the notes of the timetable.
- Teaching practice will be in the morning and trainees will have an aprox.15 minute break before feedback.
- In a feedback session you will discuss the lessons taught and receive individual verbal and written feedback from tutors.
- You will observe a minimum of six hours of classes which may include two hours of video material.